Aqua Top bookshelf tanks

Flashy Fins

Has anyone noticed these in stores lately? I've spotted them in a couple of places so far, and I am IN LOVE with the dimensions!

3 gallon - 18" long x 7.1" deep x 5.5" high

6 gallon - 23.6" long x 9.4" deep x 6.7" high

12 gallon - 35.4" long x 9.5" deep x 8.25" high

Seriously, that 12g is longer than my 20g LONG tank! Even the 3g is unbelievably large looking for such a nothing volume of water... like, I think I could put a tiny fish in it, one that actually swims around! This could be my way to get one of those a'hole fish I've always wanted, like a sixline wrasse or a diadema dottyback.

Really considering this. I just added a tiny pump and a heater to my amazon cart type of thinking about it... I already have a light fixture that would work and serve as a partial lid. Tank would just barely fit on my nightstand (6g is too long to fit). Hmmmm...

Anyone have one of these? Seen them and want one? I think they look pretty sleek for a glass box that's not an all-in-one.

Has anyone noticed these in stores lately? I've spotted them in a couple of places so far, and I am IN LOVE with the dimensions!

3 gallon - 18" long x 7.1" deep x 5.5" high

6 gallon - 23.6" long x 9.4" deep x 6.7" high

12 gallon - 35.4" long x 9.5" deep x 8.25" high

Seriously, that 12g is longer than my 20g LONG tank! Even the 3g is unbelievably large looking for such a nothing volume of water... like, I think I could put a tiny fish in it, one that actually swims around! This could be my way to get one of those a'hole fish I've always wanted, like a sixline wrasse or a diadema dottyback.

Really considering this. I just added a tiny pump and a heater to my amazon cart type of thinking about it... I already have a light fixture that would work and serve as a partial lid. Tank would just barely fit on my nightstand (6g is too long to fit). Hmmmm...

Anyone have one of these? Seen them and want one? I think they look pretty sleek for a glass box that's not an all-in-one.

Do it, do it...

You will get no rational support here from a bunch of reef junkies...

Looks awesome and EASY to clean and WC...

Six lines are jumpy fellas of course so that is a negative if no top..

• Like 3

Yeah, I guess I was a fool to think someone HERE would say, "Now, Cherany, you know you have limited space and funds." Hahaha!

I ordered a tiny pump, light bulbs (wow, 18W T5s are hard to find! had to hit ebay), and a tiny heater. I might not need the heater, but I do tend to keep my place on the cold side, so maybe just for the winter months.

Sixline is my first choice for a fish, but it's true that I'd need to sort out a lid if I go with that. The light fixture will cover most of the tank, but a sixline would probably still find his way out of the space left open. Maybe I'll get a dottyback instead, since they don't seem quite as jumpy. Diadema, strawberry, or bicolor - which to get? Hmmm... Whatever I get, I'll be looking for the smallest one you've ever seen and might have to rehome at some point. I have fish better suited to the small volume - an eviota goby I just bought yesterday and a 1" barnacle blenny I've had a couple months. BUT, those fish are nice and get along with others. The thing that really has me into this pico idea is getting a murderous fish I would otherwise not be able to get at all. My heart longs when I see sixlines and bright dottybacks!

• Like 1

I have the 12g version. It's my favorite tank I've ever had. The footprint is awesome. They pop up on Craigslist occasionally. Search for mr aqua. That's the company that used to make them.

Thanks! I do have a spot in my living room that would be perfect for the 12g, but I was too cheap to consider it. Used would definitely be easier on the wallet!