Hi...I'm new. Setting up a 250 Gal with 350 Gal Sump

N70SJ

Thank you Jorge, I plan on it.

Reefbandit, I used the underwater epoxy that comes in a white stick the size +/- of a cigar. Home Depot sells it. 

However, next time I think it would be easier to lay down a piece of plexiglass the size of the back wall (maybe in 2 pieces) and epoxy the rock out of the water. EZr than the way I did it while full of water in tank.

Got the Neptune Apex up almost all the way today[emoji2]

This is the Display Tank Power-Bar (Up-Stairs):

40ab10fc60ab27426a72af1d4b33980b.jpg

ORP (My favorite indicator of water quality) takes about a week to climb to the correct #.

Gonna be weird looking at specific gravity as a % instead of: 1.025.

Power Bar in Mole-Dug sump room:

0e74b96baa56f83616b38930494c4336.jpgcadf8e6ac5e49aad0d09786f9158f302.jpg

4c2cddf52e17b1758acd57955177f007.jpg

Using 1,624 watts without MH's on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Using 1,624 watts without MH's on.

Wow, I can't imagine your electric bill. My ~400g total system uses 340w returns and wave pumps, 550w heater, 450w max of LEDs, and 80w ATS grow LEDs. My electric bill have gone up about $60 monthly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes, $1,251 per year is my electric bill @ the rate I pay per kilowatt, which is 7.5 cents. It gives you the calculation based what equipment is ON at the time. When I did this, a couple minutes ago my 4 - 100w t-5's and 2 - 250W MH were off. Im in AZ right now and my tank is in Gresham.

4abc98bcf93861502806f22aee2f11ea.jpg

The wattage used is also cool because it is a redundant check that the item is actually on. If the Apex showed a device on without showing it consuming energy you would determine it was a incorrect reading. Thats never happened to me but Im a Pilot and I double check everything.

This thread makes me very happy I carbon dose and use DC pump LOL! Should be a fun system/build though. 

I have a couple questions if ya don't mind? 

1. Why is the skimmer before the mangroves? Just curious as to the reasoning. 

2. Are you a Julian Sprung fan?

3. Have you thought about trying to insulate the tanks in your new crawlspace for heat?

4. Have you heard of Solar World. They do this free solar panel thing where you pay them for the electricity instead of PGE but it's a lower rate and locked in for 20 years. I think you might be a good candidate there. I don't know if they still have the program to get the federal kick back but they might.  I swear man, your tank uses almost a 100x the amount of energy as my 120g system :laugh: . I can't even imagine the chiller bill this summer. It saves us quite a bit each year, and the kickback is nice. I don't work for them or anything. 

5. Did you add ventilation fans into the sump room?