KORALIAS- YEY OR NEY

R-3

KORALIAS- YEY OR NEY  

1. 1.

• YEY! Worth it
    • NEY! Pile of Junk
    • MJ MOD or TUNZE NANOSTREAM

I have been looking into these, but I have heard conflicting reports on how noisy they are. Some say they are silent, others say noisy. I am looking to get 2x Koralia #1's. What's the consensus on noise vs a standard powerhead like a maxijet or hagen with similar output?

I heard that early versions came without the rubber gasket to dampen noise. Are all of these out of the chains of commerce or do I have to watch out for this when ordering?

there is no noise what so ever...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine are dead silent on startup and running, seriously considering wavemaking with them and see how long one lasts. They turn on and off twice a day anyway but on and off thousands of times a day is different.

Bargain at any rate, I have MJ's set up on wavemaker to blast across the front of the #4s to disrupt the flow, works great!

How many here have made the Maxijet mod? I have tried to do this and the thing just vibrated apart. Even ordered a mjmod kit that did not work. Im still useing my 2 seio pumps and they work ok. I think the maxijets with the mods have more flow though. Havent seen the hydors yet.

Anybody have the Koralia 4? Putting on B-day list and debating if I need 2. Curious how far the flow would go in a 6 foot long tank.

Well, I answered my own question. Got a Koalia 4 and the flow hits the end of a 6 foot tank, bounces off the wall and back around the other side of the island. Makes like a whirlpool effect. Quite impressive and dead quiet except on startup.

Ran across this tonight. You can supposedly get a free replacement Stainless Steel shaft and a concentrator with a fish guard. Mine came with both and haven't even tried it without the concentrator since I liked the idea of a fish guard....lost enough due to sucking stupidity with my guard down so to speak. You have to use that to keep the fish guard on as it slips over the end of your pump and snaps into place, no need to remove pump from system to install.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1241399&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Ran across this tonight. You can supposedly get a free replacement Stainless Steel shaft and a concentrator with a fish guard. Mine came with both and haven't even tried it without the concentrator since I liked the idea of a fish guard....lost enough due to sucking stupidity with my guard down so to speak. You have to use that to keep the fish guard on as it slips over the end of your pump and snaps into place, no need to remove pump from system to install.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1241399&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

This was a sweet post!!! Thanks Ron, I emailed them and I had them super fast, they shipped 1st class and there were no questions asked, and they gave me all I needed...which consisted of 2 #3's, 2 #1's, and 4 #4's...I have not attached them yet, but it is really nice to have...

I got my two #1's in about a week ago. I too will say that they are surprisingly silent (or at least much quieter than the aquaclear 70 I used to have in there, which was fairly quiet). The water movement seems to be OK, but not as directed as the powerhead, so it's hard to compare the two.