Acrylic Glue

Avsdragon

I wouldn't use that stuff. Use this12df94905baebd8fea9de83468fd0ac9.jpgI built my 150gl with weld on 4. It literally melts or welds the plastic together permanently. I get mine at the place I buy the acrylic from.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Where can I pick this up from. Looks like a return for me. Thank you

• Like 1

I live in Eugene and get it from multi craft plastics. Don't know where your at and I'm not sure if the big box stores like Lowes have it or not, but I'm sure you can find it locally. Watch a few YouTube videos before you do it. You only have a couple of seconds after you apply the solvent!

• Like 1

I live in Eugene and get it from multi craft plastics. Don't know where your at and I'm not sure if the big box stores like Lowes have it or not, but I'm sure you can find it locally. Watch a few YouTube videos before you do it. You only have a couple of seconds after you apply the solvent!

I am in Beaverton

You can use 100% RTV silicone on acrylic just remember it is not nearly as structurally sound as wel on. I just purchased a very nice adjutant,e baffle kit and sock holder from exotic marine and will be using 100% RTV silicone on a glass 40gallon breeder. Maybe I will document in a build for others

• Like 1

Just putting on Baffels i'm pretty sure I'm not over my head just making sure that I got the right stuff. We all got to start somewhere right

Definitely! Not trying to sound like a prick, some people just come on here with the intention of building a 500 gallon tank without any experience. Acrylic fab isn't hard but it does take some practice to get it right. Baffles are easy, building a tank is a whole different ball game!

I'd grab a few pieces of scrap out of the scrap pile at Tap and practice welding a few joints before you give it a go, it'll make your life a lot easier and you'll know what to expect.

Remember, you're welding the acrylic (melting the two pieces together using the solvent) It's not like glue where the glue is actually the joint between the two pieces. 100% silicone is fine if you're just adding baffles and isn't permanent. Once you've welded a joint its there for good and a one shot deal.

• Like 1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Listen there to Arson......he does acrylic work. I have also tried my hand at gluing acrylic together and its not that easy. I built a few things over the years and it is a pita at times.......

Good luck in you venture and hopefully it all works out.

Agreed with Brian67...

I added acrylic baffles to a spare 55g, I had 2 years ago. I just used the GE 100% silicone clear (don't get the one that's mildew resistant). It's the sump I use for my frag tanks. Still going strong!

Just a side note: glass to acrylic works well with silicone, IME.

Acrylic to acrylic, I've never tried.

Good luck and have fun!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk