Avast Marine Porthole Booking Thread

Emerald525

Here is yet another benefit to being a supporting member! :yahoo: 

You may now borrow the Avast porthole with a smart phone attachment!!

These things are awesome for taking top down pictures! Here's a link with more information. 

http://www.avastmarine.com/products/top-down-porthole-smartphone-edition

6F7CFD24-DD5A-43D3-A980-680F9FAE1A24_zps

You have to be a supporting member... To become one is easy just click here: (cost is 24 dollars for an individual for a year or 30 dollars for a family)

http://www.pnwmas.org/subscriptions/

You also get voting rights. Get to participate in our growout competitions and group buys and can borrow our par meter!  You also get a free raffle ticket at every meeting raffle ticket... Oh and you get to support a great club too! :thumbs: 

You may have this for a week.

If you break this you will be responsible for paying for it (50 dollars). So don't break it!  :nono: 

Pick up and drop off is at my house in SE portland. Post on here or pm me if you are interested. There is already one person on the list:

List:

Optimusprime dropped off

• Like 2

Can't wait to try it out!

Wish I would've seen the thread for placing an order, earlier thus missing out. I don't know much about this "porthole" but does it filter out the blues from our LEDS? If not, can anyone tell me where and what kind I should get?

Hoping to pick it up by tomorrow!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Can't wait to try it out!

Wish I would've seen the thread for placing an order, earlier thus missing out. I don't know much about this "porthole" but does it filter out the blues from our LEDS? If not, can anyone tell me where and what kind I should get?

Hoping to pick it up by tomorrow!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

It does not filter out the blues it just gives you top down shots. There are filters you can buy for that. I don't have a link but somebody I'm sure does! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Flashy Fins said:

Is this still floating around as a club loaner?  I'm surprised more people aren't asking to borrow! 

yes it's sitting in my drawer. It's not really practical when you think about it just makes sense to buy your own as they are only about 40 dollars. Perhaps we should just raffle it off?

• Like 1

Just now, Emerald525 said:

yes it's sitting in my drawer. It's not really practical when you think about it just makes sense to buy your own as they are only about 40 dollars. Perhaps we should just raffle it off?

I think that's a great idea! :applause:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emerald525 said:

Okay I will post it up for the June meeting as a raffle item! :)

Makes sense. Probably the kind of thing you would want to use all the time to document growth, new coral, etc. so probably not an ideal loaner. Of course, if I would have known... ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, albertareef said:

Makes sense. Probably the kind of thing you would want to use all the time to document growth, new coral, etc. so probably not an ideal loaner. Of course, if I would have known... ?

Exactly! There are some days when your tank is at its best and you just want to take pictures NOW. They do come in handy!