Maxspect Grye 150 - Thoughts and feedback?

timfountain

I just got a 150 and when it works it seems like it can really move some water. Problem is that it is displaying a fault (red flashing in the center of the dial) from time to time. It is not consistent and when it does it, it cuts out. Not too impressed by that. One thing I noted was the manual says the larger 150 should ship with a 24V 4A power supply and the smaller 130 should ship with a 24V 3A power supply. Well, I have a 24V 3A power supply and a 150 so either the docs are wrong or the power supply is the wrong one. Any one else want to chime in with their experience with the Gyre? I got it from Amazon so I can return it in the next couple of weeks.

Oh and BTW I disassembled and re-assembled the impellers just to check everything was in-place. Some reports on the web say that the error could be caused by things moving during shipping, which unfortunately is not the case here...

- Tim

I just got a 150 and when it works it seems like it can really move some water. Problem is that it is displaying a fault (red flashing in the center of the dial) from time to time. It is not consistent and when it does it, it cuts out. Not too impressed by that. One thing I noted was the manual says the larger 150 should ship with a 24V 4A power supply and the smaller 130 should ship with a 24V 3A power supply. Well, I have a 24V 3A power supply and a 150 so either the docs are wrong or the power supply is the wrong one. Any one else want to chime in with their experience with the Gyre? I got it from Amazon so I can return it in the next couple of weeks.

Oh and BTW I disassembled and re-assembled the impellers just to check everything was in-place. Some reports on the web say that the error could be caused by things moving during shipping, which unfortunately is not the case here...

- Tim

Mine works great. Sounds like you got a faulty one.

Almost certain the power supply is your problem. The larger 150 motor will want to pull more Amps than the smaller 130 p/s is designed to continually provide. Strongly suspect there's an overload sensor in the p/s that's triggering the fault indicator. Is stop using immediately and return the unit or get them to send the proper p/s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just bought a second one at UpScales today and this one works great. I am very happy, this thing can really move some water. I've added it to pump 2 on the Apex and it is programmed to run from 0700 to 2200, giving some less turbulent time in the middle of the night....

- Tim

Good catch on the amps. I have the 130 and never had a problem. My money's on the power supply.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Almost certain the power supply is your problem. The larger 150 motor will want to pull more Amps than the smaller 130 p/s is designed to continually provide. Strongly suspect there's an overload sensor in the p/s that's triggering the fault indicator. Is stop using immediately and return the unit or get them to send the proper p/s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. As an EE I was unhappy with the original power supply....

• 3 weeks later...

I made it 5 months with my new 150. Came home and it was dead (red light flashing). I took it apart and found no obstructions and it was very clean. The motor appears to be dead. I just emailed Coralvue and they had a quick response. I responded to all his questions and tips and the 150 is still dead. Waiting for a response on the next step. 

After going through 8 Jebao pumps within a year, I was hoping these pumps were better. I guess I will see what happens next with Coralvue.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I had some issues with my first one out of the box and CS from Coralvue wasn't much assistance. I finally got it working and am still not sold on them to be honest. I think I'll go back to Vortech.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk