Coral are tough!

Paratore

I bought a rock of zoas and an utter chaos frag while visiting family in San Jose, California for the weekend and hauled them all the way home! It was 29 hours from the time the fish store bagged the coral until I had them acclimated and in my tank. No air stones, no heaters(just warm water bottle).

It is simply amazing how they can go so long in a bag. I know they get shipped all over the world and are fine but it was something else to see the whole process from point A to B. Anyways just wanted to share for those people who are like me and worry about the 2 hour car ride from "local" fish stores lol! :)

8754afae1577d9acc730b44014585efc.jpg539b27da41c70fc5a63bbe968efbf396.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

only 2 polyps :laugh: why not more.......

Glad they made it just giving you crap....

It's got two babies also....

I would have bought more but it was hard enough to convince the guy to sell me these[emoji23] they were his grow out ones lol!

There was an article written by a guy who took several coral frags back home from his trip to MACNA. In the end, the trip was like 8 hours and all he did was wrap them in paper towels. This included SPS.

also ready that article! Along with other studies that corals transport better just wrapped in a wet paper town. It's just not the norm so people don't do it. Very interesting stuff though!

Most people can't kill that stuff. In fact had a frag of it fall prey to my pistol shrimp. He drug it into his tunnel for days before he gave it back.

The frag is doing great! You want it? Yours for free.

Pssh. I already have some.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk