I'm back.... With a 60 gal cube!

tanktop74

:-) I added fish and coral 2 days after I set my little 10 gallon up, but I cheated I used live rock and sand from an established sps tank. I'm sure your tank will go as smooth as ice you two know what you're doing over there, that's for [language filter] sure!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The rock when I bought it was dry. But I started curing that several weeks before I got the tank.

I cycled this with Dr Tims one and only, microbactor 7 and 3 bags of live sand.

Please don't go all "Cycle police" on me, I've been around long enough and set up more tanks than I can count. And if there happens to be a spike in my nitrates I am prepared to do a large water change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. The reason I asked is because I am in the process of cycling my own tank and I didn't know for sure what to do, how long to cycle mine for. Now I feel more confident. [emoji3]

I woke this morning, brewed a cup of coffee, and checked out the tank. Shocked to find Mandy missing. Pulled out the flashlight and searched high and low, no where to be found.... Until I checked the sump... Low and behold it appears she went through the overflow. So I scooped her up with my hand and put her back in the display. Guess I will looking into how she made it into the overflow after work.

I woke this morning, brewed a cup of coffee, and checked out the tank. Shocked to find Mandy missing. Pulled out the flashlight and searched high and low, no where to be found.... Until I checked the sump... Low and behold it appears she went through the overflow. So I scooped her up with my hand and put her back in the display. Guess I will looking into how she made it into the overflow after work.

Glad Mandy was alive and well. Perhaps she watched finding nemo one too many times and was in search of her freedom)

Glad Mandy was alive and well. Perhaps she watched finding nemo one too many times and was in search of her freedom)

LOL, that would explain why she ate like a pig last night! Had to get her energy up before hoping the overflow went to the ocean!!

• Like 1

The rock when I bought it was dry. But I started curing that several weeks before I got the tank.

I cycled this with Dr Tims one and only, microbactor 7 and 3 bags of live sand.

Please don't go all "Cycle police" on me, I've been around long enough and set up more tanks than I can count. And if there happens to be a spike in my nitrates I am prepared to do a large water change.

Not that I'm on the cycle police, but for anyone else reading, a spike in nitrates isn't the problem with an uncycled tank. It would be a spike in ammonia and/or nitrites. Although the latter is not as detrimental in marine systems versus fresh. Either way, you seem to have it covered with the bottled bacteria.

LOL, that would explain why she ate like a pig last night! Had to get her energy up before hoping the overflow went to the ocean!!

I think she ate so much hoping to become fat enough that she couldn't get into the overflow.?

I think she ate so much hoping to become fat enough that she couldn't get into the overflow.?

The funny thing is... She's already too big for the teeth of the overflow, must have squeezed behind the lock line.