How to tell male and female Juggernauts apart..

MrBret

I could do that, but then you could click on the picture...it would take you to my photo bucket account, and no one wants to scroll through and look at all my photo bucket pics, lol

jugnuts.jpg

Edited by MrBret

Thankyou sir softy.......as we can see in the photo, the male is cozying up to the female polyp next to him.

I can see some difference in the appearance of he oral disc coloration and structure. It that the main difference? I see tentacle coloration differs, but that may be the lighting. Possibly thicker and longer tentacles on male?

They are hermaphrodite! How else would you explain one polyp turning into two? :)

There are animals that have both sexes, such as nudibranchs, that are capable of impregnating each other. They cannot, however impregnate themselves. I an not exactly clear on this particular situation though.

Asexual reproduction is totally different than sexual. It is basically dividing. there are many lower animals, if cut in pieces, will grow complete new organisms cloned from the original, all identical. Possibly any sexual reproduction must take place with individuals that are not cloned(of themselves). Hopefully, I am correct on the latter part.

You may be, lol......but this thread was meant as a bit of a joke. I know someone gets it......just look at the anatomy of the stalks. The one on the right seems to be carying some Extra cargo  :hidesbehindsofa: .........was maybe going to change the name to " JuggerNuts" lol

Edited by MrBret
  • Like 3

There are animals that have both sexes, such as nudibranchs, that are capable of impregnating each other. They cannot, however impregnate themselves. I an not exactly clear on this particular situation though.

Thank you for the clarification.

You may be, lol......but this thread was meant as a bit of a joke. I know someone gets it......just look at the anatomy of the stalks. The one on the right seems to be carying some Extra cargo :hidesbehindsofa: .........was maybe going to change the name to " JuggerNuts" lol

Lol I got it and I'm sure others did too! I just wasn't going to say anything ???? for fear of the moderation police ???????????? I even gave you the punchline before I knew where you were going with it!

If i could figure out how to load a photo on the nex sight format.....i would, how in the heck to i upload a photo in here?

Hope this helps:

http://www.pnwmas.org/index.php?/topic/33184-Having-trouble-posting-photos?

Also, using Photobucket correctly will not make them go to your page. It will simply insert the picture into your thread.