Another sad story of having to move

Erica

Hello everyone! I need to sell my 28 nano cube. My husband and I are buying our first home. There are no faucet attachments for my RO and we need to keep things simple for the first few months. Moving the tank scares me and I don't want to kill my poor little sea creatures. I really do love this tank. 

All in all i've spent exactly $909 on the tank, all the equipment, livestock, and supplements. 

I would like to see if anyone would like to purchase the tank as a package, but will probably sell livestock and then equipment thereafter. 

(paid price) -Asking price

Specs:

JBJ nano with hood removed (Still have it, i'll throw it in)(minor scratches in front) (FREE with package deal)

2) 1200 maxijets -$10 ea.

Koralia 600(?) -$20

Evergrow D120 ($133)(Bought new last Feb) -$110

Reef octopus BH100 ($203)(bought new last Feb) -$160

Aquatic life RO buddie 100G ($77) with DI unit ($20), lots of tubing, and flow through meter by HM ($30) (bought new last September) -$90

Livestock:

2 ocellaris clowns (asking $25 for the pair)

1 diamond goby -$10

1 lawnmower blenny -$10

1 purple reef lobster (Will be sold after corals, hard to get a picture let alone catch him) -$20

1 sand sifting star -$5

a dozen hermit crabs

a small variety of snails

Radioactive dragoneye zoas -$15

some red/orange zoa -$15

branched green torch -$25

green mushrooms -$20

green palys -$25

nice big toadstool that the clownfish host -25$

a good 3" diameter Hollywood stunner chalice (comes attached to a big piece of rock) -$20

Some red macro algae growing here and there

lots and lots of very happy pink xenia three colonies of av variet of rock pieces, -$20 ea.

calupra growing everywhere (every month I collect it and bring in in to my LFS and get good store credit)

~50 lbs live rock and 20 or 30 lbs live sand

supplements

Free aptasia (lol)

Everything listed without a price is negotiable or free with package deal. Everything here comes to $665. Pick it all up for only $500.

If you want to buy livestock i'll hold it for 1 week. after 1 week you may come and pick it up if there are no accepted offers of the package. Equipment will be sold once all livestock is gone. 

Please feel free to make an offer, SOME things are flexible. I will consider trades for gardening tools and equipment. I'm moving into a new home, got an idea for something I need? just ask! ;)

pics (2).zip

For about 4 bucks you can put a splitter under your bathroom sink on the cold water line to run the RODI. It is very easy to do. I'm sure we can get a few people together to help you move and minimize your losses too.

If those are your main fears, they are pretty easy to overcome if you want to keep the tank. I'd hate to see you get out of the hobby over something so simple.

I'm so sorry to disappoint everyone. After arranging for people to pick up some stuff, I became emotionally overwhelmed and told my husband "but I don't want to sell my sea creatures" and he said "well I don't want you to either". So there you have it. We going to try and make it work. Thanks pledosophy for advocating for me. I don't want to loose my foot in the hobby. Even though I know my tank is mediocre, the important part is that I'm happy and proud of it. To me it's priceless. I also like the excuse going to meetings to meet nice people like yourself.

I'll probably start a thread about to get advice about moving it.

Also, we got our offer accepted on the house last night! We have less thank 30 days to close! Wahoo!

• Like 2

I'm so sorry to disappoint everyone. After arranging for people to pick up some stuff, I became emotionally overwhelmed and told my husband "but I don't want to sell my sea creatures" and he said "well I don't want you to either". So there you have it. We going to try and make it work. Thanks pledosophy for advocating for me. I don't want to loose my foot in the hobby. Even though I know my tank is mediocre, the important part is that I'm happy and proud of it. To me it's priceless. I also like the excuse going to meetings to meet nice people like yourself.

Also, we got our offer accepted on the house last night! We have less thank 30 days to close! Wahoo!

Good decision!  Moving a small tank is easy peasy!  Some gems of wisdom I can give learned from my nano's move from Vancouver to Bend:

#1: When you remove stuff from the tank, drain the water into buckets without disturbing the detrius.

#2: When you set the tank back up, take the time to rinse the sand out very well with a hose.  Then a final rinse in saltwater before it goes in the tank.  Cover it with plastic to keep from stirring it up when you add water back in.

#3: Stuff can stay in buckets for a couple days as long as there is heat and circulation.  Don't rush to set everything up!  Keep the fish buckets covered (but not sealed except for transit), they will try to jump.

#4: Bonus Points: Pre-coordinate to grab 20 gallons of someone's water change (non-detrius siphon).  Having some established water on hand allows you to shake out your rock while it is in it's bucket.

For a RODI, best place for one is the laundry room.  Grab a garden hose "Y" with the little shutoff valves ($5 at Lowes), put this on your cold water line for the washing machine.  Backwash/wastewater line can go down the drain or ran to a garden water barrel outside.  That takes all of 10 minutes to do.

• Like 1

I live in Oregon City. Your not to far from me at all. I moved 400g's worth of tanks a few months ago, still have all my tubs, coolers, buckets, etc. I used to move a lot and have drug my tank around to 10 houses or so, moved a 1000 miles once. If the timing can work I'll come help you and the hubby move it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's so awesome! My wife and I are currently looking to buy and I can't wait to feel your excitement! [emoji2] [emoji2]

I'm really glad you are staying in the hobby. Do you not have a washer/dryer area in the house? All it takes is a 7 dollar splitter for your cold water tap.

Air water and Ice sells the fancy washer splitter to rodi. One straight t instead of several adapters. I had to get a new one when we moved. $7 sounds pretty close, maybe another couple for shipping. Our downstairs tank has it's own unit plumbed under the bathroom sink and that works well for us too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1