So WHAT is it about SPS

Mandinga

Pretty sure it's just an ego thing, honestly I'm a fan of the green toadstool and Devils finger #drool

And what other coral can you sell a 1" frag for 250.00 #rubbinghandstogetherinastateofgreed

Oh, and yes the colors :)

(Thought I'd pay a visit to see the "new platform") #soooosad

Hash tag-nosmileys

Edited by reefnjunkie

Pretty sure it's just an ego thing, honestly I'm a fan of the green toadstool and Devils finger #drool

. . .

Hash tag-nosmileys

I have about 30 tyree green leather frags if you want one [emoji6]

I'm working on the smileys. I actually got quite a few new ones loaded in, I just can't figure out how to get them in the post section just yet. Work in progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great question, Isaac!

I prefer SPS over LPS for a number of reasons:

1) SPS grows faster for me than any of my LPS.

2) All of my SPS colonies are propagated rather than wild collected, so they tend to be hardier for me than do my LPS colonies.

3) None of my SPS reach out and sting their near neighbors (with the exception of my Pocillopora damicornis) like a hammer will do.

4) It tends to be easier to frag SPS than LPS, in my experience.

-- I really enjoy zooanthids as well, for many of the above reasons.

• Like 1

The propagation factor is pretty awesome.

The polyps just speak to me...

Wasn't really a why is SPS better than other coral thread, but still great points! Lps can be a pain in the beeehind with long polyps...there is just something about SPS...I remember the first sps coral I bought in 1996. I watched it bleach over the course of a week...so I went out and bought my first halide...after watching that little stick grow(vERY slowly), polyps extend, I was hooked.

Edited by Mandinga

To me its the challenge. Its near impossible to kill most softies, anemones, etc, but SPS will put hair on your chest, and gray hairs on your head!

And IMO nothing looks better than a fully grown out tank full of sps. I still do prefer a mix of all of them though if possible, I like to have some of the movement and colors of LPS mixed in here and there. 

To me its the challenge. Its near impossible to kill most softies, anemones, etc, but SPS will put hair on your chest, and gray hairs on your head!

And IMO nothing looks better than a fully grown out tank full of sps. I still do prefer a mix of all of them though if possible, I like to have some of the movement and colors of LPS mixed in here and there.

This is why it's maddening to me when people look into the tank for a few minutes and always comment, "ohhhhh, look at the hermit crab!" DOH!