Fluval spec v

PowderBlue

It has a par38 over it and I did a little bigger return pump as well. Other than that I just run chemipure elite and purigen with some chaeto stuffed in the stock filter. Just set it up last night so I'll see how it goes! A lot of people have great success with similar setups and very little effort on these! It's a sweet little tank. Biggest issue will be keeping it stable with how little of water is in it.

I don't think it'll be an issue. I have had a spec 2 running for almost 2 years with no real problems. Tiny tanks are great because maintenance takes 5 minutes.

Do you have any pictures of it? I was thinking about putting one of these together for the office, but I want to see how people have them set up.

Glad you stuck around. I'm actually thinking of going back to a smaller AIO as well. I just don't spend the time like I used to with the tank and would like to focus on the FOWLR and coldwater more.

I cant get away haha!

That's a huge part of why I tore down the 29 gallon. I have been spending far more time on my car and just haven't been spending much time on the tank.

So I made my own led light using the stock fixture. oddly enough I made it out of automotive 12 volt led strips. I figured it had to be better than the stock light, I've heard of people having success with yumas and zoos with the stock fixture, so I'm curious to see how mine pans out.

I have 3 strips of blue and 2 strips of white each strip has 20 leds on it. The corals are far more opened up than with the stock light and the color is much more appealing. It sounds like a TON of light but it's really not. It's about as bright as my par38 bulb was. It's driven by a 30 watt led 12volt to 110 driver from home depot for 30 bucks. I got the leds for cost, so basically free lol. If I would of had to pay retail for it all I could of gone with a much better led and driver but I wasn't interested in spending 140 bucks on a light for the tank. Here are some pics of the tank with the diy light ad073621cab7657dd645b9e552ed82d6.jpg

dfbe95940508b679a4919dc7f453fb0c.jpg

dc2fb3bb8a663e9e2f5951fb8f7d3479.jpg