Mitchell's 250g Build

Mitchell

I believe Travis' tank is 30" tall. I wouldn't want this tank any taller, I already can't reach in all the way. I could probably get away with two 400watts, but the way I am planning my aquascape I'll need good coverage.

Brad, I do have the recirculating hardware, do you need one? You don't happen to have an extra impellor/magnet assembly? If you do I'll trade you my recirculating hardware for your impellor/magnet assembly (laugh)

Yeah 30" is rediculously tall imo. Espcially on a stand as tall as his, basically have to lay on eurobrace tp get to center lol, i was just curious as to why not two 400s, your going to get alot better spread with the 4. Super stoked to see this build. Dont break your wallet to hard

I believe Travis' tank is 30" tall. I wouldn't want this tank any taller, I already can't reach in all the way. I could probably get away with two 400watts, but the way I am planning my aquascape I'll need good coverage.

Brad, I do have the recirculating hardware, do you need one? You don't happen to have an extra impellor/magnet assembly? If you do I'll trade you my recirculating hardware for your impellor/magnet assembly (laugh)

I dont, I had to buy a new impellor magnet earlier this year since the other one the shaft busted-Those suckers rub 100.00-DOH!

I was told it would skim better if it was recirc

My stand is 40" tall, so I'll probably have to go all Mission Impossible and suspend from the ceiling just to get to the center of the tank lol! I don't know how the people with the really big tanks do it!

Brad, if you'd like to borrow my recirculating hardware to see how it works just let me know. I'm at least a few weeks out from starting the tank, so it's just sitting in my equipment pile.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I also was going to say EXCELLENT CHOICE going with an SWC Skimmer. I have a 250a ,pre-cone design but it rocks. I don't have any experience with thier cone designs, but I know they're always willing to answer questions by phone and have pretty good customer service. One of if not the best choice i've made in equitment purchasing since I started reefing. SWC w/Askoll pumps all the way. Just my 38cents.

It's 80 gallons (48x24x16). I have a 17"x 24" area in the middle that I'll use as a fuge. I'm not sure what I'll put in it; it's too big for just a ball of chaeto.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

A nice macro garden with a cool mantis would be awesome (rock2)