Round Two

spectra

Well ended up just buying a new tank and starting from scratch. After seeing Impurs post in my other thread on drilling a tank it got me thinking(scratch) It is a small tank and an overflow box on the inside would take away from the space. So I ended up doing the same thing he did and built an external overflow out of glass. Here are a few pics and yes I suck at using silicone I asm not sure if I got more on me or where it was supposed to go(laugh) After it sets up tonight and does a little drying will plumb it and get the sump in the stand. Hopefully will have everything back together tuesday night. Am going to Tap on monday to get a black acrylic sheet for the back to hide the overflow. Well here are some pics.

post-523-141867766784_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867766795_thumb.jpg

post-523-1418677668_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867766802_thumb.jpg

Well here it is all together. Got the sump instaslled and put the skimmer and heater in there. Most everything survived the trash can but did lose a cleaner shrimp and one clown. They have since been replaced. Here are a few pics but the water is kind of cloudy due to a diamond goby that is moving all the sand around to where he likes it. The pics are crappy but enjoy.

post-523-141867736143_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867736145_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867736148_thumb.jpg

tunze nanostream rocks! I'm assuming it's the 6025. The 6045 may be a little too strong for that size.

Read up on the nanostream threads in RC though, seems like there are tons of issues with the shaft. I know that mines fell off once during cleaning, but I just stuck it back in, and it works the same. Haven't cleaned it after that, but if it falls off again or show rust, the motor assembly will need replacing.

I love the flow though, and the compact size is a plus!