90 gal Macro Nano Cube

Jeramy

I will be using a brs 2 part for now I dont want to get a cal reactor till I get a controler. Besides I am in deep enough with the wife for what I have spent to date. I kind of like the daily interaction with tank maint that I get doing my daily top off and dosing =)

Ok today was the day it all came together. I broke down the old 31gal odd ball tank and transfered it over to the new tank. Started at 4:30 and finished at 9:00 ( for the most part) . I moved over the the sand bed and the sand in the sump to the new tank. I used a mason jar to do this and moving 40 plus pounds of sand over with out much if any clouding of the tank I will have to do a thread on this trick works wonders. All my fish seem happy with the transfer and I really did not break any sps. All in all the transfer was a great sucess

Full Tank Shot

DSCF2211.jpg

Right Side

DSCF2210.jpg

Left Side

DSCF2212.jpg

So every thing went great with my transfer my corals and fish love there new home with one exception my sps about half of them did not take kindly to the move all of my water parmaters are in the same general area as before except my calcium.

ALk. 9.2

cal 560

mag 1320

salinity 1.025

ph 8.2

amo. 0

trite 0

trate 0

phate0

the ones that are strugling have little to no polyp extension and are bleaching out none have died yet but a few are looking really bad.

My LPS and Softies are in hog heaven. My zoa garden is looking better then it ever has. I use kent salt to make up my water which is why my calcium is so high right now I know that will come down so not to worried do you think that coul dbe the cause? I am using the same light as before on the smaller tank just in deeper water I did add optics to it I believe 90* . Any Ideas let me know thanks =)

Did the sps come into contact with anything in the air during transfer - cleaners, smoke, etc.? Something on your hands? Did they touch a rag? Was the new tank completely cleaned out with water, then vinegar, then fresh water, then air-dried and rinsed and dried again? I agree that if you used the same water and have the same lights, there shouldn't be a problem. Are they as close to the lighting as before? You might want to try a dip or something.