SEA SWIRLS ARE OUT!

so i just lost another sea swirl tonight. it was clicking and making a horrible racket, so i unplugged it.

im moving soon, and now would be a good time to start thinking of what i can do to replace the sea swirls im currently running. its only a matter of time before the other two go....

currently, i have a reeflo dart splitting off into four sea swirls: two 1" ss in the 60 gallon and two 3/4" ss into the 45 gallon.

so, lets say i can the sea swirls during the move, and replace them with something else. any suggestions as to what i can run a dart into, T off, then T again into two seperate tanks?

i want as much flow as i can get out of this pump.

thanks for your help and suggestions.

the reason i dont have a closed loop is i wanted as little equipment as possible, as little plumbing as possible, and i didnt want to drill a bunch of holes in my tank. the system has worked out exceptionally well...minus the sea swirls after a few years. ill look into the OM a bit....thanks for the replies everyone...reefhut....ill be contacting you soon enough.

Seaswirls are crap IMO. I had 4 on my old tank,,, rebuilt them all once, and 2 of them twice. One caught fire, would have burned the canopy at least, maybe the wall or house but I happend to be home and its not a smell you would miss.

I have sold over a dozen wavyseas. Only problem I have had with any of them is squeaking. I have had 2 customers return them because of a squeak.

If any of you have a seaswirl thats not broken, you better not touch it or it will be. Those motors in those things are born and bred to break, along with the metal parts inside that simply rust through in a given time. I think seaswirl designed them to only work a couple years.

***Steps off soap box***