Look what I picked up this weekend!!!!

jadams7

So I had a rather busy weekend, picked up this little guy! Can anyone give me an ID on him, reef safe, how much room does he need, etc? Quite the interesting little specimen, and already eats like a hippo tang!

But seriously, we just had our first child. This is Mason David Adams, he was born on March 23, and is the only thing in the world that I can stare at longer than my tank!

ff25556f.jpg

I would think that the tank requirements should be at least 300 gallons at a minimum to keep it up for the next few years. After that you may need to get an outdoor swimming pool so it can enjoy the outdoors a little more......(laugh)

Congrats!! Cute little one you have there!

I wouldn't trust anything from that species with my tank at that age...I hear they do mature though, so if you can keep him in a QT for the next 5-10 years, he should be a great help with plenty of feeding and re-scaping...even when you don't want him to!

Actually, they are most certainly NOT reef safe! They will eat anything put in the general vicinity of their mouths for many years to come! On top of that, they are notorious detritus spreaders!

You're probably going to need a dedicated clean-up-crew in charge of this one for the next couple years in your COWPR tank (Crib-only-with-padded-rails).

Archived