90gal OddBall Acrylic AIO

Peppie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats what i was thinking. You got skills haha! Whats next?! Keep up the killer work! Where in washington are you?

Thanks MVP

I will show how I set up my lights. Not your typical setup.

I am about 30 miles south of Seattle. Small town called Bonney Lake.

Sometimes I over think things and more times than not I think out side of the box. I am not a follower of the cookie cutter rectangular powerhead driven reef aquarium. LOL

I would love to see some more info on the tools bits and blades you used in the cutting and prepping of your acrylic. I really love this thread and am inspired by what you have done with this all in one. Keep up the good work and I love the thread title =)

Man this has to be in the Top 5 of full DIY tank threads ever on this forum!! Real nice work!!

WOW!!!

I am honored, coming from a 4,331 post count, R-3. It would seem you have seen a few builds posted here.

I still have a few tricks up my sleeve.

I have noticed on a lot of internet forums that people post a Build Thread and the only thing they build are the muscles in their finger by typing in the pictures of all the STUFF they bought to put their system together. LOL

I am a hands on, see if I can make it work type of guy. LOL

I would love to see some more info on the tools bits and blades you used in the cutting and prepping of your acrylic. I really love this thread and am inspired by what you have done with this all in one. Keep up the good work and I love the thread title =)

Thanks Jeramy,

I will dig up some of the detail pics for you later today so you can have a look see.

Most of the AIOs I have seen do not have a large enough fuge to make a difference in the filteration IMO That is what inspired this type of build.

I wanted to keep good flow in the tank, and rocks piled up on one another isnt good for that so I built a couple of free standing columns to hang some pieces of an old foam/rock wall on from an old build

The base110_2965.jpg

The acrylic rod will slide into the base, the crushed coral coated PVC will seperate the platforms

110_2968.jpg

110_2972.jpg

110_2969.jpg

I will also hang some rock from the back and right side of the tank with these

the piece with the clamp on it has a hole drilled in it

110_2985.jpg

They are able to move about 180 deg.

110_2984.jpg

110_2986.jpg

110_2978.jpg

110_2977.jpg

I made different sizes and coated them with crushed coral

110_2988.jpg

110_2987.jpg

I placed the brackets on the side of the tank a welded them in place

110_2989.jpg

110_3028.jpg

110_3020.jpg

They look better with corals on them!!!! LOL

110_3022.jpg

110_2985.jpg

Very nice work...i need a sump built...wanna trade for some top coral? LOL.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Thanks skulls,

Sorry I am in no need for corals. But I can build you a sump. PM me if you are interested.

Very interesting idea. And a pretty cool effect :)

Thanks Debird,

It is not an original idea of mine. I have seen it done in different ways on other builds. But on mine I can move them around to were it will work the best. I am pleased with how they turned out. It gives me lots of options and many places to mount corals.

Wow...not much else to say. I'm very impressed with your craftsmanship and that mahogany is downright gorgeous.

Bravo x 1000

Thanks Burning,

My wife was the one who choose the wood. I amm just the middle man.

Here are the doors

110_3159.jpg

110_3158.jpg

110_3153.jpg

110_3163.jpg

110_3161.jpg

110_3154.jpg

110_3180.jpg

110_3177.jpg

110_3183.jpg

110_3182.jpg

I'll put it all together next

Beautiful craftsmanship. Your bench top is nicer than my stand & kitchen cabinets!

Thanks Racefan,

Many people ask me if I really do work on that bench. LOL There are many coats of Poly on the top. It cleans and scrapes easily.

What type of racing, are you a fan of??

Very impressive work! I love the mahogony! One quick question.....What is the little box on the left side of your overflow? I think I read something about it being the feed tube for your skimmer? If so does it keep enough water in it to suppply your skimmer or does it suck air?

I am curious as to what material you used to put that bead on the inside of frame of the cabinet doors. It is kind of hard to see. Is it the same wood stained differently or a different wood?

It is a black wood semi soft straight grained and a good consistent color, Peruvian Walnut. I use it for all my black high-lights

Very impressive work! I love the mahogony! One quick question.....What is the little box on the left side of your overflow? I think I read something about it being the feed tube for your skimmer? If so does it keep enough water in it to suppply your skimmer or does it suck air?

Thanks Mike,

You are right it is for the intake pipe for the HOB skimmer. I was lucky when I built it. If I would have made it any smaller I am sure it would have sucked air. If the tank is not full when I turn things back on after a water change It has sucked air. I am pretty sure the longer the coast to coast the more flow you will have the better chance of not sucking air. If I were to do it again I would make the intake box bigger.

Thanks Racefan,

Many people ask me if I really do work on that bench. LOL There are many coats of Poly on the top. It cleans and scrapes easily.

What type of racing, are you a fan of??

Pretty much anything except NASCAR (Brian France ruined it in my book)

Our family raced for years.

My son drove Quartermidgets from the age of 7 until he was 16. Then we upgraded to a Legends car and raced that for 3 years. Talk about an expensive hobby!!!

I like nascar. Some of the races are a little long and boring, but on any given day 10 different drivers have a chance to win

Our family raced for years.

My son drove Quartermidgets from the age of 7 until he was 16. Then we upgraded to a Legends car and raced that for 3 years. Talk about an expensive hobby!!!

I like nascar. Some of the races are a little long and boring, but on any given day 10 different drivers have a chance to win

Archived