Phase one of foam background .

Vis

Does the foam act the same as live rock' date=' giving the bacteria a good place to live?[/quote']

Absolutely. It probably has more porousity per square inch than regular live rock. Which was one of the reasons I like to use it in my coldwater tanks.

Now I'm going to have to get a cross section picture of the foam vs liverock :D

Snapped a pic with the epoxy paint added on as highlights to the rock.

IMG_20120201_211020.jpg

That looks great! What epoxy paint do you use. I found some epoxy at Lowes but at $14 might end up a bit spendy to cover all the foam with sand.

That looks great! What epoxy paint do you use. I found some epoxy at Lowes but at $14 might end up a bit spendy to cover all the foam with sand.

I use a one part epoxy paint that is used for painting garage floors, they sell it at home depot and lowes by the gallon for about $30. I bought a gallon of the white and seperated it into quart containers and had them tint it into different shades of gray for me so I could test it and find one I liked.

If I was going to do it again I would just buy the epoxy paint that is already gray that was right next to the white, lol.

I use a one part epoxy paint that is used for painting garage floors, they sell it at home depot and lowes by the gallon for about $30. I bought a gallon of the white and seperated it into quart containers and had them tint it into different shades of gray for me so I could test it and find one I liked.

If I was going to do it again I would just buy the epoxy paint that is already gray that was right next to the white, lol.

Could you give me the brand of the paint? Also , would I be able to stick sand to the wet paint to give it more texture?

Thanks

Archived