Missing wrasse

J-Dog

I got home from vacation today and noticed that my radiant wrasse is missing (scratch). I checked around all my rock and I don't see any carcass, so does anyone have any idea what could of happened? Everything else looks fine....my mother-in-law and son were home to feed them, so that wouldn't be the issue. I do have a little bit of an algae outbreak, but I just bought more CUC on the way home to help clean that up. Can anyone help solve this mystery? He was becoming one of my favorite fish (sad)

My radiant wrasse disappeared for just over a month. No idea where he was, I checked the overflow as best I could and don't think he was in there since it was still full of feather dusters when he popped up. I had been checking at night too. He is very outgoing and an eager eater. Extremely strange. He was not thin either when he came back. That tank is a 55, not like it's huge or anything, and I don't think my husband bought me a replacement since the wrasse has an odd scar on his side.

Well, there is no way it could be in my sump, since I don't have one. I will check my rear chambers tonight, but I don't think he is there either, especially since there is no room for him to get in there. This hobby is kickin my @ss! (scratch)

Well' date=' there is no way it could be in my sump, since I don't have one. I will check my rear chambers tonight, but I don't think he is there either, especially since there is no room for him to get in there. This hobby is kickin my @ss! (scratch)[/quote']

Good luck!

And don't be down, this sort of stuff happens to everyone

Well' date=' there is no way it could be in my sump, since I don't have one. I will check my rear chambers tonight, but I don't think he is there either, especially since there is no room for him to get in there. This hobby is kickin my @ss! (scratch)[/quote']

I killed 2 six-line wrasses with a few months of each other. They are one of my favorites but I got a yellow wrasse, to try to break the juju. A six-line was my very first fish, and it died within two days because I messed up the parameters. Persevere!

I killed 2 six-line wrasses with a few months of each other. They are one of my favorites but I got a yellow wrasse' date=' to try to break the juju. A six-line was my very first fish, and it died within two days because I messed up the parameters. Persevere![/quote']

The thing I hate is that this happened when I was gone for a week. I usually keep a sharp eye on my tank, but being gone and not knowing what happened just eats me up. My parameters are fine and none of my other fish have any problems.....I just don't know (sad)

Archived