Let please welcome our newest sponsor!!

Michael7979

Well I finally got together with Ryan at All for Fish, to get the last few things ironed out!!

SO PLEASE GIVE ALL FOR FISH A GREAT BIG PNWMAS WELCOME!!!!

Went down today to check out the shop and meet/talk with Ryan, the owner. His store for those that have not yet been there is in the Old Downtown area of Albany. He has a 2 story building where all the dry goods and seasonal pond items are up stairs and all the tanks are downstairs. It is laid out nice, it is clean, and it is open enough to get around easily. They have quite abit of dry goods on their shelves and the tanks had a good amount of fish in them. He has some LPS and sofies in now but is working on getting more sps in when "he can find a good dealer to work with and the tanks a more mature", he said something like that. But overall it is a nice clean shop and Ryan is a real nice guy to talk to and the other 2 girls that were working there seemed nice also.

He also is thinking of holding a meeting there this summer. So that is also in the works.

So please welcome them, say 'hi' or stop by when/if possible.

Until our computer gurus get his forum up you can find their info here: www.allforfish.com

Ryan is going by the screen name- Allforfish

Mandinga (Isaac) and I toured All For Fish on Saturday and were very pleasantly surprised by how nice the shop is. It is absolutely huge, clean and modern! Has an immense selection of dry goods.

The corals and sw fish are all very reasonably priced.

Ryan, the owner, is is a great "people person" without trying. The kind of a guy that makes you feel at ease right away. I got a similar hit from the others working there. Although I made only a small purchase I was treated with care and graciousness.

The restrooms are on the third floor landing have their kids playthings up there since they spend so much time at the shop. Tells me that they are good with kids too!

When we talked about our club he was very interested in what we were doing!

WELCOME!

Franklin pretty much summer up my thoughts as well. After reading some negative posts about the store, I thought it was worth a few pics..the descriptions I was reading did not fit this store at all...it was clean. Stocked. And lights were on.

d1982d23-3ef5-02a4.jpg

This side of the store from front to back(maybe 10 aisles) are dedicated to dry goods. Notice the owner in the picture...he was wondering why i was taking pictures:)

d1982d23-3f0f-1667.jpg

Couldn't resist this shrimpery

d1982d23-3f32-7c45.jpgdownstairs fish room, saltwater is right half, with 2 large coral tanks...no frags, just colonies. No SPS, decent amount of softies though. Also not pictured was the tonga branch rock I acquired... :)

d1982d23-3f4d-da07.jpgimported lights galore...T5, LED, and MH. I noticed inexpensive bulbs and SPS bulbs as well.

d1982d23-3f6c-3548.jpgLps/softies

d1982d23-3f86-9b2b.jpgmccosker

All in all it has it's good points and it's bad...too far a drive for me, but they have a good size selection for people in the area.

here are some amateurish rankings:

coral selection a 5/10

Dry good selection 7.5/10 (lots of stuff, but not much I currently buy...lots of in-expensive imports that would keep hobby manageable for beginner)

Fish selection 6.5/10 (LOTS of tanks, I gave a low rating because most the fish were common)

Potential for growth 9/10(this is a huge shop)

Worth stopping in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the pictures Isaac. Just in clarification. The negative comments about having dirty tanks was actually meant for another store in Eugene called the Nautilus and not this store. They weren't from me as I have not been to either store but I will definitely check Allforfish out.

As far as pictures, I was actually told in a Dallas store not to take pictures...

I go in about once a month to check it out. They have great prices on dry goods and equipment. I've bought a few things there I have not bought any livestock yet mostly because I dont have anymore room until I get the 110 set up. They also have buy one get one for free coupons in the local coupon connection which pretty much makes their prices unbeatable.

I know of a store up here (not a sponsor) that also doesn't allow any pics.(nutty)

I was told it was fear of corporate espionage or something like that LOL which I thought was silly. I would have never thought to put a tank on a wooden stand if I hadn't seen it at your store or I never would have thought of having a bunch of tanks next to each other to display fish (nutty) (laugh).

Welcome to the forum Ryan! Glad you were finally able to get hooked up.

This store is awesome! It's especially dangerous for me as it's less than 3 minutes from my house. As already stated, Ryan has a huge selection of drygoods and food. He's even carrying Rod's Food and DT's now. If you're ever down Albany way, stop in and have a look. I think you'll bee impressed.