Need frag discs? Group buy?

impur

Ok so still no more replies. The ceramic ones are going to run about .36 each. If i calculate right, 500 should run $200 - 10% = $180 plus shipping. I'm fine with those, whats everyone else think? Also post how many you are in for!

After i get a count of how many everyone wants i'll get a final cost before i order.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya the tee's get the job done as well as anything. If you need more space on the tee for blastos etc just glue it to a piece of rubble. I'm assuming the tee's fit in the egg-crate grid without falling through?

$45 for 1000! I'm all over that. where from, ebay?

Ok so still no more replies. The ceramic ones are going to run about .36 each. If i calculate right, 500 should run $200 - 10% = $180 plus shipping. I'm fine with those, whats everyone else think? Also post how many you are in for!

After i get a count of how many everyone wants i'll get a final cost before i order.

Im fine with that price.......

still want 100 :)

Yeah the tees are used just like Travis at Upscales uses them. Drills a bunch of holes in a piece of acrylic and your done. Let me know Piero if you do a order. I tried to email the people but havent heard back. Heres a link.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Red-Castle-Golf-Tee-32mm-pack-of-1000_W0QQitemZ180081978523QQihZ008QQcategoryZ18931QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Those are the 32mm ones. A little easier to grab than the smaller 26mm. I wonder how much we could save on a bulk order. Try to email them and Ill try again. Later Ryan

wow.. plastic tees are hard to come by.. although ive found some natural corn resin tees that bio degrade in less than 1 year :p

edit: just found a site with wholesalers from china.. but umm.. i dont think we need 50,000? .......Do we? :p

edit2: ROFL.. here we go.. minimum 100 pcs.. heres the description... Anyone game? ;)

Model No.: 001

Product Origin: Canada

Brand Name: Nudie Tees

umm .. who wouldnt want a bunch of those in their tank!! You could start charging your fish for lap dances!

and i was looking at some of those plastic golf ball markers.. promising if you ask me.. wide at the top, but doesnt have an intrusive peg

hahahaha, too funny.

Nudie_Tees_Sexy_Golf_Tee_And_Tool.jpg

hrm, I completely farted on the fact that they don't go in the eggcrate...duh. Somehow in my head I had an image of something golf-tee-like in egg-crate though. I just may start lookin' at another DIY route. Maybe I'm over-analyzing for just to pinch a few bucks, iduuno.(nutty)

thought you could maybe glue travertine tiles to the top of tees and then you could slide them in egg-crate, but then you'd be adding the expense of the tile and more glue per plug, :P.

there aren't any tees made with a top larger than the egg-crate grid? what is it, .5" or .75"? i forgeet.

well piero... look at the plastic golf ball markers.. they have a quarter size top, with a very small peg at the bottom.. with it being flat and quarter sized i think it would work on the egg crate fairly well.

the size of it, and the weight of the frag would probably keep it down.. not sure though. i might order some to see how it works out.

plus with such a small "peg" it would take less time for the frag to encrust the whole marker, and move onto encrusting rock more quickly, kinda like how using disks do

I dont think the ball markers would work at all.......it is a tiny little plastic peg on the bottom that definitely would not hold a frag in a piece of eggcrate.

Ive never tried....but ive used lots of ballmarkers

you could break the little peg off the bottom of the ballmarker,take some weld on and bond the ballmarker to the plastic tee though (laugh)

sorry

hidesbehindsofa.gif

I was out of town over the weekend. I'll put the order in today for the best price. I did get one last email back.

Miles sorry I lost you we lost our heat in our shop for a few days boy was it cold.

I can give you a 5% discount we don't have much mark up on them.

-

Jim

http://www.thefilterguys.biz/

Ryan - i'm guessing 25-30 cents each. Obviously i'll go with the best price for everyone.

So thats it then, 300? Nobody else wants in? I need to know by 12pm today!

Ok so Randy and dippin you still want to go in on this? Its just us 3, and we really need to order 500 to get the discount and make it cost effective. We can get 10% off 500 of the ceramic so figure ~$195 for the 500, or get 1000 of the plastic coral cradles for $252 shipped

Let me know here or via pm.