My sps crashed and I'm leaving the hobby

puntific

Yep. I can't face it anymore. I'm moving over to planted tanks and maybe someday, Discus.

Anyhow...

Pictures are older and do not represent size. They do represent color well.

I'll be selling my surviving coral. The only things still alive are very hardy and will come back great.

1 15x8 rock with 13 orange/pink Yumas (1 huge, 2 large and the rest small, but not babies, 2 babies). This rock also has 8 Purple Tonga mushrooms. Asking $150. New Price: $90

Summerpics116.jpg

1 Lime green Duncan w/ 50+ heads $150.$130-->$90

Yellow scroll coral, 3-4 inch, $40 $20(who would have thought this would be hardy?)

Green w/ purple tips frogspawn w/ 9 heads $35 $$15

War coral w/ about 40 eyes $50 $Sold, some other smallers available

WarCoral.jpg

I've got a chalice coral I got from Frank that he called "titty twister." He sold one eye to me for $10 I think. It's got about 20 eyes now. $100.$85-->$75

Oct13086-1.jpg

I've got a 3 inch clam shell covered completely in Meteor shower coral. It's faded a bit but will come back. $100. $60

Acan Lord, lime green with red centers, 16 polyps or so, $75 $50 and another that might be twice as big.

MintgreenandRedacanlord10eyes.jpg

Acan Lord, Rainbow 12 polyps, $120$65

PurpleAcanandPurpleHaze.jpg

Oh the pain...

Here's another chalice this is a 2 inch frag. I have the parent which is around 5-6 inches for $30:

AlienEyeChalice001.jpg

Harold: There will be some equipment eventually. I have to sort out what I need for my new system. I'm pretty sure I'll have a couple of reeeely big pumps, as well as a galaxy 250 double ballast w/ two relfectors that are less than a year old. Probably call the bulbs finished... Other stuff too.

Brad: I can't really put my finger on it. Ever since I put the sump in the basement, I've had troubles. I honestly can't think of why that might be a problem though. If I can figure out what I have left in the growouts, I'll put them up for sale to any willing buyers.

Scott

Yep. I can't face it anymore. I'm moving over to planted tanks and maybe someday, Discus.

Anyhow...

Man sucks to hear you are having such a hard time.

You should keep your equipment if you think you may get back into it..The biggest mistake I made was selling my equipment when I needed to take a break from the hobby. You never get out what you put in and its so dang expensive to get back in to.

Brad: I can't really put my finger on it. Ever since I put the sump in the basement, I've had troubles. I honestly can't think of why that might be a problem though. If I can figure out what I have left in the growouts, I'll put them up for sale to any willing buyers.

Scott

Wow this has ne thinking I’m getting ready to do the sump in the basement just not sure if I soul mess with a good thing?

Sorry to hear about the crash, this hobby is very difficult and you really gotta maintain elements at all time. Give it time Scott don't completely quit the hobby! I experienced the same incident, but i enjoy the reward too much to abandon the hobby. I hope in time you would reconsider.

Vin "Keep On Reefing"

Thanks for all the kind words.

My move to a planted tank will satisfy a number of needs/wants for me. 1. Less death. 2. Cheaper hobby. 3. Quieter tanks 4. More scholing fish.

As to the drygoods (lights, pumps ect.) I will set an initial price for each item and then offer them to folks in order that they have PMed or asked in this post. If my first price is good, then the first person will grab it. If my first price is too high, then no one will and I'll drop it and go 'round again. I haven't sold dry goods before so I don't know how my pricing will be... I've treated them all well so 120% of my purchace price sound fair, right?

puntific

Eventually I'll have a dry goods list, but those who have spoken up for my dual ballast or pumps will get first crack.

I'm home today if you want to come by and grab livestock or try to talk me down off my prices... 503-281-7030.

Let me know when you need plants. I just composted tons of them, even rare stuff cause I don't know what to do with it all.

I agree you should hold on to the skimmer and other gear that is expensive to replace. You never really know. I agree on the noise thing though.

Do NOT fall for the ADA substrate. Total nightmare.

Kate