Xbox 360

steelhead77

My son's Xbox just came down with a case of the Red-Ring-Of-Death. Does anybody out here have a used one they want to sell? We want to get him a Kinect for Christmas, but don't want to buy a new xbox as well.

Thanks,

Scott

Hey Scott what are ya gonna do with it???

Best way to fix it is to buy another one, imo. I went down the same path a year or so ago. IF it works, the "fix" for RROD last a *very* short time. Measured in hours of gameplay.

Yay, Microsoft!

Yeah, that's exactly why I'm looking for another instead of fixing this one. It's also one reason why I use a Mac.

Contact this guy, he is in Beaverton off of Denny Rd and Hwy 217;

Jay 971-222-8599

My sons also got the RROD and he fixed for I think 30-40 dollars. I also had him put a new DVD drive in it last year sometime, does great work and knows what he is doing.

He also had a Christmas deal on the Wii for those that don’t mind modded machines, for 140.00 he mods the wii to where he install over 400 games-I asked what games and basically got the impression, if they make its on there.

Anyway-it may be worth the call

Where Andy said it does not last long, this was nearly 3 months ago-plus we backs up his work

I,ve seen my husband x boxes get hit w/ the red ring of death over the years, it's never good, and the x box never makes a full recovery. This is 1 subject I know. The best thing you could do to avoid this latter, would be to find a core system, thats right one of the first ones produced. They are built for the long term and to be added on to. They should be a little cheaper, being the first in production, and you'll need a hard drive, but that's why they're durable. The xbox isn't over loaded. Also it helps the system if all games played are downloaded to the hard drive before there played. The red ring of death is a thing of the past w/ the core system. You should talk to my husband he's a big gamer and knows all about how to fix them, and what's better about each type of x box

Contact this guy, he is in Beaverton off of Denny Rd and Hwy 217;

Jay 971-222-8599

My sons also got the RROD and he fixed for I think 30-40 dollars. I also had him put a new DVD drive in it last year sometime, does great work and knows what he is doing.

He also had a Christmas deal on the Wii for those that don’t mind modded machines, for 140.00 he mods the wii to where he install over 400 games-I asked what games and basically got the impression, if they make its on there.

Anyway-it may be worth the call

Where Andy said it does not last long, this was nearly 3 months ago-plus we backs up his work

I wouldn't want anything to do w/ that last I knew modding any system isn't legal, I could be wrong though

I wouldn't want anything to do w/ that last I knew modding any system isn't legal' date=' I could be wrong though[/quote']

You are correct-it is illegal-just as driving and not using a hands free-(nono)

Thats why I mentioned for those of you that dont mind modded machines, if anyone understands what a mod is they know what they are getting into.

Xbox wanted 120.00 + shipping to fix it, I know many people that have used this guy, but hey he's not for everyone-;)

I would actually call M$ first...last I heard RRD has a special warranty and was covered for an additional 3 years for a total of 5 years but you have to be the original purchaser.

I think it went from 90 days to 1 year to 3 years total. Could be mistaken though. Calling certainly can't hurt.

I would actually call M$ first...last I heard RRD has a special warranty and was covered for an additional 3 years for a total of 5 years but you have to be the original purchaser.

Yeah I think you are right. Mine was well outta warranty when it happened and they fixed it!