Fish suggestions for 120G?

siskiou

Current inhabitants: one rainford's gobi, three emerald crabs, a variety of snails.

When I had the 40G tank, I had so many fish I would have liked to put in, but the tank was too small for most of them.

Now my brain has gone blank! (scratch)

The tank will have a mix of softies, LPS, SPS.

I'd be happy for any suggestions for a little community of fish that would use all levels of the tank and get along with each other.

I'd like one tang, but I guess that should wait until last.

Chromis, Anthias, Angel, Wrasse...?

Well if it was me, I'd get a half a dozen of anthias, a little school of lepord wrasses, heniochus bf (the reef safe ones that school and eats plankton), potter's angel, navarchus angel, pinktail trigger (ppl say they are reef safe and get really pretty with a whole bunch of colors), couple of fairy wrasses, and other cool stuff. A lot of my stuff on my list are kinda demanding, but if you was to ever get a tank with all of these cool fish, you'd be #1 in my book.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Where would you recommend to get the fish?

The stores are usually pretty limited with what they have.

Are pink skunks available tank bred?

I've been wanting a couple, but they don't show up around here much.

Oh, and is anyone else having trouble with the site?

It was unavailable since I posted this thread, and I just managed to get back in now.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Where would you recommend to get the fish?

The stores are usually pretty limited with what they have.

Are pink skunks available tank bred?

I've been wanting a couple, but they don't show up around here much.

Oh, and is anyone else having trouble with the site?

It was unavailable since I posted this thread for me, and I just managed to get back in now.

The best Skunk Clowns I've had were tank raised from Oceans,Reefs,and Aquariums(Wholesale only). See if one of the LFS in your area can order some for you from ORA.

R-3, you like chevrons? Do you have one?

Palani, I've never heard of a reef-safe trigger, and I was bummed about it, because I think they're really interesting. I had read that they use their little beaks to scrape at the hard corals. Is it seriously reef-safe? I have lots of peppermint shrimp; if I got a pink tail, would it eat them?

I'm SOOO getting a trigger if I can! (clap)

I would go for a niger trigger. I have had them in reef tanks and had no problems. Chevron tangs are a bit sketchy as far as hardiness goes. I would do chromies instead of anthias. They are hardier and less picky. Also there poo helps stimulate coral growth. (bizarre isn't it) I presently have a clown tang which I really like. I don't think they are liked much because you never hear anyone bragging on them but mine is sturdy and very active. Eats macro big time. I also like lawnmower blennies, banghai cardinals and skunk clowns. This is just my opinion. That is what is neat about this site is that everyone has an opinion. LOL. Good luck. be patient and have a good time.

I know this one guy who keeps a cross hatch trigger in his reef and it's fine, gets along with all the inverts and leaves the corals alone. Even eats nori. He says it's a bluejaw/blue line, but it doesn't look like it, it has the cross hatch pattern...and it's about 5 or 6 inches.