Might have lost my mind...

Frank

So thinking of doing a new tank (scary) but want to keep the stand I have now… My stand is 44 deep and 33 wide but the tank is 41x 28x30 I love the 30 (clap)high but really want the tank to fit the stand so was thinking of doing the tank the size as the stand then I was thinking of (naughty)(I know this is crazy but think it would look great) going 36 tall (nutty). I know it would be a pain to get to the bottom but I think I can deal with it.. Wanted to see if anyone out has a 36 deep tank and what you think of it.

I have 250W HQI over a 30" tank and still have to find shady spots for a few chalices that are near the bottom. I have some montis and a birds nest growing nicely (and with great color) down near the sand bed at the moment. I think you would be fine on light with a 36" deep tank - the bigger challenge will be access. And you'll have to plan your flow well.

Im running 2 400 now and would keeo that dont think it will be a problem think I can keep a few even better with low light corals. The 36 would be nice then the hood would go to the celling. Flow is one thing I have to MP40 now on the back wall might do two MP40 and 2 MP 10 for more flow.