What corals have the best colors?

J-Dog

Just wanted to see what everyone thought about coral color. My tank is just getting started and I wanted to get alot of different color coral established. What's your favorite? Or just tell me what u think the best looking stuff out there is. Pics would be nice, if u have some to share. Thanks guys

I like all sorts of corals but I would have to say that you can get some amazing colors from all sorts of types of corals. Acans, Zoas, Chalice, SPS, LPS, etc..

I don't have a lot in the way of lots of color yet but check out my build thread for the 75 and it will give you an idea, but I'm still in the newer stage of my tank as well.

I think lighting plays a big role as to how your corals will look, my current favorite is my Kryptonite Neon Green Candy Cane Coral, its NEON green and truely stands out in the tank. I also really like the Neon Green Toad Stool Leather Corals too...Under a higher Kelvin lighting or lighting with lots of actinic many of the Zoanthids just GLOW like radioactive Dragon Eye Zoas...I like stuff that is almost neon in color...The more pop it has the better in my opinion...:D

Zoas are a great starter coral and come in all kinds of colors:

My favorites are the Aussie people eaters, and purple people eaters but there are so many it's hard to say. I also love the candy apple reds

DSC05078ARW.jpg

DSC05687ARW.jpg

For SPS here are a few of my favorite. I also love the montipora setosa!

DSC05786ARW.jpg

Rufus

DSC05562ARW.jpg

For LPS I like:

rainbow acans:

DSC05783ARW.jpg

and

chalices

DSC05736ARW.jpg

DSC05399ARW.jpg

DSC05118ARW.jpg

I also love the montiporas and my favorite is this one and the sunset I do not have a good picture of:

DSC05373ARW.jpg

it also depends on what you like to see.....there are several opinions here....myself I like movement so I am not into painted rocks (chalices, Monti's) or sticks (Acro's, Milli's) I like Duncan's, Dendro's, Zoa's, Ric's, Yuma's, and so on.....movement with great color. Don't get me wrong there are some beautiful Monti's, Chalices, Acro's, Favias, Acan's, just not my style.