WTB New Tank

So everyone told me when I got my 24g nana that I would be looking for a bigger tank.. so here I am :D.

I'm looking for a 125g+ with stand/canopy. A big plus if it is all ready drilled with a sump/fuge.

I'm looking for black but let me know what you have. I would like to start from a bare tank so not looking for any live stock. I'm not sure on what lighting I want to use yet so if it doesn't have any that is fine or again let me know what you have.

And finally this tank will be right in the main living room at my house so i'm looking for a tank with no scratches and a Black or really dark blue back. Or glass back because I can always paint :D.

So show me what you have with some pictures maybe and a price :D.

Once I find the tank i'm looking for i'll have a 24g JbJ nana cube for sale with matching stand and k2 viper 150w MH lamp.

Call 541 344-fish and ask for Arron. Tell him Jon told you about the new 125g set up in the back with the nice DIY canopy. Its a nice clean new set up with a sweet light fixture!

Hey there, I'm also interested in a setup of that size. You mind if I call Arron too? Where is the tank located at?

Thanks,

Thomas

Congrats

Still looking for a nice 75+ with stand hood sump and the plumbing :D

I started with the 24 gallon nano-I am sure I mentioned that perhaps at one point-then I went to the 75 I am in now, with an 80 gallon acrylic in between those two-

Well IF I had a place for a 125 but really a 180 maybe even a 300 (if there was realistic room) I would do it.

So save the pain and trouble of all that switching and just jump into the 180+(laugh)

As for the 75 you will fill that quickly, but if you are set on getting a 75 before going larger bet a 90 its the exact same size footprint just taller, but you will want to have or get metal halides-IMO

I know a shop that will sell you "all glass" brand tanks for costs plus 10% so if you are looking for new they are a decent tank and not to pricey-actually this place sells all their tanks at cost plus10% and he is very close to you-that should narrow it down to oh say 1 store.

Good luck on the "endeavor"

Hey it was nice meeting you the other day, sorry I was a little "pre-occupied" hope the zoas are doing well

See ya

Oh and if you can save that Viper light, you'll want it for your frag tank you have not realized yet you will want-LMAO

i aggre with reefnjunkie, if you go with a 125 that is 6' long you might as well go big and get a 180 cause it's the same length and height as the 125, i believe? The only difference between the 125 and the 180 is the 180 is 24" wide. if you go with a 4' tank i would recommend a 120g cause it's dimensions are 4'x2'x2'. A little more width to stack rock where a 90 is too narrow in my opinion.

I started with the 24 gallon nano-I am sure I mentioned that perhaps at one point-then I went to the 75 I am in now, with an 80 gallon acrylic in between those two-

Well IF I had a place for a 125 but really a 180 maybe even a 300 (if there was realistic room) I would do it.

So save the pain and trouble of all that switching and just jump into the 180+(laugh)

As for the 75 you will fill that quickly, but if you are set on getting a 75 before going larger bet a 90 its the exact same size footprint just taller, but you will want to have or get metal halides-IMO

I know a shop that will sell you "all glass" brand tanks for costs plus 10% so if you are looking for new they are a decent tank and not to pricey-actually this place sells all their tanks at cost plus10% and he is very close to you-that should narrow it down to oh say 1 store.

Good luck on the "endeavor"

Hey it was nice meeting you the other day, sorry I was a little "pre-occupied" hope the zoas are doing well

See ya

Oh and if you can save that Viper light, you'll want it for your frag tank you have not realized yet you will want-LMAO

Hey they zoa's are doing great i'm actually looking at them right now! And I'm really more interested in getting a 100g+ I just put the 75+ incase I see one that I just can't turn down :D. As for the frag tank I'll probably end up keeping the nano seeing I Just ordered a new phoenix 14k for the viper :D

Check the 125g in my build thread and see if you are interested in it. I'm either going to sell everything or downsize so it will be available one way or the other.

Hey thanks for the reply i'll put this on the list, but I'm really looking for a matching tank/stand/canopy because this is going in the living room.. which is where everyone has to walk through to get in the house lol. So i'm going for the furniture look with hidden lights. When you are ready to sell though shoot me a pm with specs/price!

i aggre with reefnjunkie' date=' if you go with a 125 that is 6' long you might as well go big and get a 180 cause it's the same length and height as the 125, i believe? The only difference between the 125 and the 180 is the 180 is 24" wide. if you go with a 4' tank i would recommend a 120g cause it's dimensions are 4'x2'x2'. A little more width to stack rock where a 90 is too narrow in my opinion.[/quote']

The 120g 4x2x2 is my number one in search of :D, It's just the finding one with what i'm looking for. I may have to end up going the more expensive rout and buy everything new and build my own.. of course with the help of pnwmas because my last fresh water tank drill didn't go very well haha.

Matt

check out the link below for a 120 that is 4x2x2 and for sale on here. I know he's asking a lot but he's been selling the corals so that price should drop. also if you don't want any of his liverock or other live stuff the price should drop more. i got a few corals from him and i would say the canopy and stand are some of the nicest pieces i've seen. They looked to be in great shape, inside and out so no need to refinish them. the tank is acrylic and it probably has some scratches so there is some work there.

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20508

check out the link below for a 120 that is 4x2x2 and for sale on here. I know he's asking a lot but he's been selling the corals so that price should drop. also if you don't want any of his liverock or other live stuff the price should drop more. i got a few corals from him and i would say the canopy and stand are some of the nicest pieces i've seen. They looked to be in great shape, inside and out so no need to refinish them. the tank is acrylic and it probably has some scratches so there is some work there.

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20508

I've been keeping a close eye on this one! Waiting for him to part it out haha. I would like to start from a bare tank because this will be my first big SW tank :D. I was a FW for a long time until I got my nano.. and now I only have one rare puffer tank left because my gf won't let me get rid of them lol.

210 is too tall IMO but it does take up the same floor space as a 180 so if you don't mind a 30" tall tank go with the 210. i have long arms and have a hard time reaching the bottom of a 24" tall tank.

I can't reach certain areas of my 240g and it too is only 24" deep.

My $.02 is pass on the 210.