Show me your reef safe fish.

bswe22

Ok, I have gotten a new tank set up and ready to stock. It is a 38 gallon with a 20 gallon sump. I am making this a reef tank and want to see what kind of fish everybody has in their reefs. I don't know the different fish I can put into a reef. Please show me what you have so I can make some wise decisions. Thanks so much.

Bryan

P.S.- I am looking for fish with alot of color.

With 38 gallons your limited as far as tangs go.

Anthias are gorgeous, there is always firefish, great hardy fish and great color.

I think you are fine with smaller tangs. People act like tangs grow to full size in a year...they don't!

Look for a healthy small blue or yellow tang (2 or so inches). Avoid the really small quarter sized babies, they rarely make it.

I had my blue and yellow tang in my 36g for nearly 2 years before I upgraded to my 90g. They were always fat, healthy, and happy!

I have two tiger pistol shrimps and two gobies, to clean the bottom. And a clown or two. I like true perculas. and an anemone. also Since you have a sump once you have it established id recomend a mandrin dragnet. real pretty, but they really only eat live copepods.

Oh and get a small angel. I like the pigmy angels the best. i have a midnight angel in one tank and a alatic pygmy angel in the other. Small angels and They dont seem to be polyp pickers

• 1 month later...