XMAS PARTY!!!!!

Michael7979

Since the Xmas party is this coming Sunday the 17th. Thought it would be a good idea to share what side dishes we are planning on bring to the fiesta!!

I'll go first............. we'll be bring some deviled eggs. Maybe something else, if we do I'll post it later.

Start adding to the list so we can see whats on the menu.

Man there is gonna be some good eats!! I gotta figure something out. Later Ryan

I'm in the same boat. I'm thinking there's a shortage on sides and sweets. Well, not a shortage... but they're not as well represented as the other courses! Is anyone else doing the "white elephant gift exchange" or is Jay the only one that bought something for it? (laugh)

Well, I guess I'd better find a gift for the exchange so three of us can do it at least! (laugh)

That's what I'm between, beans for the Mexican food (God bless each and every one of you, I love Mexican cuisine!) or stuffing to go with the two turkeys that Jay brought home tonight (along with the two hams).

Cyenna, those truffles sound heavenly! I'm not sure how that would work with the liquor in them. Amusing story that ties in with that... we went to the Christmas Expo up in Portland a few weeks ago and someone was peddling "Medicine Balls". Because they have liquor in them, I was asked if I was old enough. At 36, I never thought I would be carded ever again! I think the Milwaukee Center has a no alcohol clause, someone else may chime in that's more in the know. Not sure if you can enter the raffle and not be present either... but again, hopefully someone more in the know will chime in. ;)

Cyenna, those truffles sound heavenly! I'm not sure how that would work with the liquor in them. Amusing story that ties in with that... we went to the Christmas Expo up in Portland a few weeks ago and someone was peddling "Medicine Balls". Because they have liquor in them, I was asked if I was old enough. At 36, I never thought I would be carded ever again! ;)

you melt the chocolate with some raspberry rum. it's delicious!

You're just that youthful looking to be carded! I look the same as I did when I was 12 - I alllllways get carded. DOH!

funny, me and my wife are 28 I never get carded for anything, she can barely go to movies or dinner without getting carded repeatedly.

On a side note STACEY do you need me to bring anything work related? Like a warmer, convection cooker, hot plate or anything like that?

yeh.. im half korean so i have the perpetual 17 year old look i guess lol. although' date=' id prolly card myself too.. i really dont look close to 28 at all. lol[/quote']

Whatever it takes to look younger as far as I'm concerned! I'm just surprised that I was asked if I was old enough what with all the gray hair I have. I've given up the battle with the dye bottle a year ago. (laugh)

Nyles, give Jay a jingle and see if we could use any of that stuff. From what I understand there's a full working kitchen... but as for the other gadgets, they could come in awfully handy!

Yeah, I believe drinks are taken care of. Jay has some 12 packs chilling in the fridge as we speak. I just nudged him awake and he said water would be good though. He only has pop. And Nyles, he said anything like hot plates and chafing dishes would be cool. To keep stuff warm. And I would so not say no to anything dessert related. In fact, I'm all for a clandestine operation of eating liquored up truffles in the parking lot! (laugh)

Glad to see we have a few doing the white elephant gift thing. It gets pretty fun when there's a bunch of people doing it. I'll try not to get anything too shocking for the festivities. ;)

And I would so not say no to anything dessert related. In fact' date=' I'm all for a clandestine operation of eating liquored up truffles in the parking lot! (laugh) QUOTE']

OK, well she said she's making some cookie dough truffles and making some German sourcream twists with her mom this weekend and will put a few aside for Sunday. I don't know what it is about the twists, but my own mother and sister have been in quite a tissy over these things in the past few years...fighting on who got more to take home, or who got any at all. My mother-in law Fed Exed some to my sister last year since she didn't get any :). Family members special order these things and I stay away, takes too many hours to make. I can take 'em or leave 'em, but you can judge for yourself.

The movie Chocolat is coming to mind.....w/ Juliette Binoche...