125 Lagoon

Gill

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those pistol shrimp are the coolest things. I kick myself to this day for getting rid of one that i had as a hitch hiker because i thought they were bad to have in your tank. Nice progression of your coraline. how old is the setup now? Its about the size of the tank i'm currently working on setting up.

Those pistol shrimp are the coolest things. I kick myself to this day for getting rid of one that i had as a hitch hiker because i thought they were bad to have in your tank. Nice progression of your coraline. how old is the setup now? Its about the size of the tank i'm currently working on setting up.

I really love my pistol shrimp (I have two now). Beware though if your rock is not on the bottom with sand pored in around it the destructuion will be extensive!! If you are setting up a new tank though you could take the neccesary precautions and have a really interesting creature to watch. My system is only aout a month old but all the rock, sand critters have been in my old 55 for four years.

I really love my pistol shrimp (I have two now). Beware though if your rock is not on the bottom with sand pored in around it the destructuion will be extensive!! If you are setting up a new tank though you could take the neccesary precautions and have a really interesting creature to watch. My system is only aout a month old but all the rock' date=' sand critters have been in my old 55 for four years.[/quote']

Yes that is the only way i setup tanks, i love gobies and sandsifters which also burrow under rocks. I've seen several tanks setup on 3-5" of sand with rocks sitting right on top. its just a matter of time.

Hey Gill nice looking tank! You are definitely off to a good start.

The first upgrade I would do is from that Seaclone skimmer. You have plenty of sump room for an insump. I will keep my eye out for ya!

Yes that is the only way i setup tanks' date=' i love gobies and sandsifters which also burrow under rocks. I've seen several tanks setup on 3-5" of sand with rocks sitting right on top. its just a matter of time.[/quote']

3-5" of sand with rocks sitting right on top.

yep thats what i did on my first tank and it wasn't pretty, everything came crashing down (sad)

• Like 1

I'm wanting one of those crazy Hermits' date=' looking good bud![/quote']

I had to oust that hermit he turned over all my frag's and perched on my pagoda cup (flame). He would be cool if you had a FOWLR.

Hey Gill nice looking tank! You are definitely off to a good start.

The first upgrade I would do is from that Seaclone skimmer. You have plenty of sump room for an insump. I will keep my eye out for ya!

Ya your right about that, it didn't even cut it on the 55.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i had one of those' date=' it didn't last past a week. funny little things though, i don't know how they survive in the wild, they can hardly swim in a tank.[/quote']

when i lived in maryland, i was on a service call on the bay and there was a whole bunch of dead ones on the shore that had been "beached from a storm. they were about 12 to 18 inches with out the tail length included.

when i lived in maryland' date=' i was on a service call on the bay and there was a whole bunch of dead ones on the shore that had been "beached from a storm. they were about 12 to 18 inches with out the tail length included.[/quote']

too funny I used to live in Maryland to and I have the same memory LOL

Whats going on inside that skimmer? Looks like war of the worms or something.

Very cool looking tank. Love the rock and all that purple.

dude sweet tank like the look i too love those locks and where did they come from...one thing i must say is yoou got a seaclone on a huge tank.. i cant believe that skimmer can keep up.. i use one now and again on my tank that i am cycling rock in but your tank loks amazing for having such a small skimmer.. those worms were the exact same in my skimmer... and sump in places after 6 years..nice tank...get a bigger skimmer

dude sweet tank like the look i too love those locks and where did they come from...one thing i must say is yoou got a seaclone on a huge tank.. i cant believe that skimmer can keep up.. i use one now and again on my tank that i am cycling rock in but your tank loks amazing for having such a small skimmer.. those worms were the exact same in my skimmer... and sump in places after 6 years..nice tank...get a bigger skimmer

Ya that skimmer has been unplugged for a while LOL. I just picked up a E.T.S.S. skimmer the other day check it out

DSC_7825.jpg

DSC_7822.jpg

DSC_7815.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...