Large Cylinder Tank

parvo99

$10. I can pick it up tonight :) Just kiddin.

Im not sure. How good of shape is it in? Is it drilled? Does it come with stand or canopy? Ive never seen one that big! Kinda tough. The sad truth is that you probably wont get much because it seems like people aren't buying much these days.

I haven't seen it and I'll give $40.'

I'm pretty confused by the measuremets 6' x 24" cylinder? 6 feet tall 2' diameter? 2' tall 6' diameter?

Honestly it's really hard to give you any idea on price without a lot more info. Does it come with a stand, canopy, lights, skimmer, reactor, sump, etc? Condition is everything. A pic would really help. Many people on this site that would probably be interested. I would guess it could go anywhere from $200 - $2,000

My friend's sister is trying to get rid of a 72x24 half inch acrylic cylinder tank' date=' and I was wondering approximately what it's worth. Thanks.[/quote']

a lot to the right person but not much to all the rest. many people simply don't have the room or resources to complete a project like this. This would be an awesome tank though if someone did have the room. Does it have a stand or anything else with it or just the tank? how badly is it scratched if any? This is the type of tank that an 8-way oceans motions would be totally cool on from the bottom. A great center piece for a large room. Put up some pictures!!!

Re: Large Cylinder Tank

might be better off taking it to rose city or something....list on craigslist after some research on price....a simple google search should provide you the answers you are looking for

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies. It's 6 feet tall and 2 feet wide. It's just a plain cylinder inset into a 2 inch thick acrylic base that's about an inch wider. there are 3 holes drilled near the bottom. Not sure what I want to keep it or sell it. Seems like a cool project tank, but just don't know what I would set up. As far as space is concerned, it's actually easy to set up since it only takes up 2 square feet of floor space.

If the tubing was brand new - it'd be worth about $2500 or so. Used and stressed, maybe $400-500 or thereabouts. Depends on the mfr of the tube, if it's Spartech tube (old Townshend/Glasflex) it would be worth more than if it's Reynolds tube. Anyone can glue Spartech tube, not the case with Reynolds. If you need a home for it, lemme know, but the above is about what it's worth unless you can find someone who *really* wants it :)

Wouldn't be very good as a jelly tank with those dimensions, too tall and narrow - wouldn't get the proper current pattern.

HTH,

James