Swap meet?

Mikep503

Has the club ever considered having a swap meet? I think most of us that have been in this hobby for years have at least a box or two (or 10) of new and used equipment laying around. We could possibly even even bring fish and frags. Maybe a $5 or $10 a table charge to sell stuff to help cover venue costs with any profits going to buy supplies for the tanks for teachers program? Just a thought. (scratch)

Location would probably be the hardest part. I'm personally not picky but it would be nice to find a somewhat central location for everyone. I would think close to I-5 somewhere between Salem and Wilsonville so the Portland / Vancouver crowd and the southern guys could all make it. We will never make everyone happy on location (wife)

I see no reason why we can't have a swap meet at my school meeting in March. It would also be cool if some of the proceeds went to the tanks for teachers program. At this point people could respond to this thread and reserve a table so that we get an idea of numbers of people showing up. I know the Eugenians will be there in force.

Let me know.

I see no reason why we can't have a swap meet at my school meeting in March. It would also be cool if some of the proceeds went to the tanks for teachers program. At this point people could respond to this thread and reserve a table so that we get an idea of numbers of people showing up. I know the Eugenians will be there in force.

Let me know.

You could have a table charge of like $20 for the people who want to reserve one at your school meeting, all of the proceeds going to TFT!!!