DIY Seio/Tunze stream - Lots of pics

impur

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone got a cowl premade already with the centering brace already in and drilled? that my hardest part.. getting the dang thing in there center AND putting the hole for the shaft in center. so mine always vibrates like crazy. so much so that its just sitting in my garage. and i have tons of materials to make .. i have like 10 props and a couple feet of carbon fiber, all kinds of pvc and rigid airline, but every time i try to make one, it comes out so loud. lol

Try another magnet, or do the airline mod (take the plastic off the magnet and run hard airline all the way through) The airline mod helps but there is only so much you can do if the magnet is off, I just replace the magnet and move on. These can run surprisingly off center and be ultra quiet but if the magnet is not true it will bounce around in the cavity.

Try another magnet' date=' or do the airline mod (take the plastic off the magnet and run hard airline all the way through) The airline mod helps but there is only so much you can do if the magnet is off, I just replace the magnet and move on. These can run surprisingly off center and be ultra quiet but if the magnet is not true it will bounce around in the cavity.[/quote']

its not the magnet, cuz i can use my finger and center it while its spinning and it quiets right down. (laugh)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I made some additional directions for reefboy to aid in putting his mods together. Sometimes they are finicky. He suggested i put em up here so here they are!

Ok so here is how the prop assembly goes. One of those black/red ends caps goes on, the nylon washer sits on that. Then the magnet, soft airline on the ends of that, prop into the other end of the soft airline

100_0428.jpg

100_0429.jpg

100_0435.jpg

The whole assembly should spin freely in your hand. It might have some slight friction but that will go away after running it a few days. Usually the spot that causes the most trouble is where the hard airline from the prop and the plastic tip on the magnet meet. Try to line that up so the shaft doesn't rub.

Put the assembly in the pump, and attach the shroud making sure to align the shaft into the hole in the cross member on the shroud. Be sure to leave the oring on the pump. The shroud should be real snug going over that oring, i usually have to get it wet to avoid bunching up the oring.

Here are pics of my mod all together. Notice how far down the prop is, i found that in order for the stopper to work right in the event of a power outage, the whole magnet needs to shoot out of the pump, hit the stopper and then get sucked back in and it will spin the right way.

100_0430.jpg

100_0431.jpg

100_0432.jpg

100_0433.jpg

100_0434.jpg[/