Clown egg update proud new mommy

talkalot82

Well it took ten days but my tomato clown eggs have just started hatching. I gave them some rodifers and put them in the dark. I thiought an egg was just floating around at first but it was a fish.

I was beging to wonder if they were going to hatch cause I have an eel in my 90 gallon tank the parent clowns are in and he eats the eggs if he can find them. So I took out the eggs the day they were laid, and instead of daddys fins they had an air stone. But it was the only way. I know they say not to take them out of the tank till their eyes are silver. But I guess I was lucky.

Im just a proud new mommy, specialy since they are my first attempt. My husband said I couldn't but I did. Right on my kitchen table too....(clap)(rock2)

Oh and if my clown fish breeding works I am going to start breeding all the time. my tomato clowns are always laying eggs. Im thinking about selling them to liquid sunshine' date=' cause eric is always so cool to me. Maybe. What do u think?[/quote']

Don't put the horse before the carriage. Here's to hoping they make it through the whole process. If they do then start figuring out what to do with them.

Day four and about to go in day five update..

So my babys are well and happy. I did have to get more rodifers today.. Eric at liquid sunshine hooked me. He even called me when they came in. I believe at the size they are now, soon I'll be able to give them baby brine.

My parents came over today and oowwwed and aughhhd... My mom even named the one she is getting. she is already talking about more egg laying and hatching. They have a huge tank, and they owned the two parents..

more update later

Sad news.. when I was gone at work today my apartment heater went on the fritzs. When I got home it was about 100 degrees in there. I tried to cool the babys down but sadly I dont think any made it.. I am so mad...

Oh well I guess there is always next time. The parent clowns breed every month it seems...

• 2 weeks later...