My new 150 gal tank

tanktop74

Ok, here is the transition from my old 55 gal to my new 150 gal tank. I appologize, I did not take as many pictures of the transition as I wanted to.

Here is the old tank after I got the majority of stuff out of it last Saturday night.

DSC04067.jpg

Here is how I stored the fish, corals and rock over night.

DSC04068.jpg

DSC04069.jpg

This is the first picture of the new tank. It was taken just after we got all the water, rock, corals and fish in it.

DSC04070.jpg

The step ladder you see there is because I am too short to get into the new tank. I have to stand on that to get into the tank! Guess I really didn't think about that fact when I ordered the tank! We finished getting everything in the tank around 11:30pm Sunday night.

Here is my sump, filter system and my huge skimmer.

DSC04078.jpg

This is a picture the next morning after the water cleared up from the transition.

DSC04072.jpg

That evening I rearranged the rocks and this it what it looked like Tuesday morning.

DSC04079.jpg

DSC04075.jpg

DSC04074.jpg

how do the 2 hippos do together?

The two hippos do well together. I have had both of them since they were babies! I knew when I got them that a tank upgrade was going to be needed soon! One is slightly bigger than the other and she chases the other around a bit, but they are much happier in the bigger tank!

• 4 weeks later...

New additions to tank!

I have gotten several requests for pictures... Here are some of my new additions to the tank...

My dendros, Thanks Randy-S!!

IMG_0293.jpg

The Duncans I picked up at Oceans in a box!! Thanks Perry for the deal!!

IMG_0268.jpg

The following five pics are the frags I picked up last night at Westside Aquariums. Thanks Tim for the awesome frag pack!!

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

A while back I picked up a clean up crew from Garrett, here is one of my favorite hermits!

IMG_0292.jpg

I will be cleaning out my nano tank soon, selling most of the livestock. Going to make that into a frag tank and put in the family room with my show tank. I will post pictures soon with a list of what will be available. I must begin to fund my obsession with frags!

Beth

• 4 months later...

Update of corals!

Here's the Duncans now from first pic:

DSC05011ARW.jpg

Here are the Dendros still same amount of heads but bigger::D

DSC05014ARW.jpg

The Oregon blue tort. Wow it's a slow grower!(plotting)

DSC05017ARW.jpg

And the green slimer! Not the best pic but you get the idea:

DSC05015ARW.jpg

6 months' date=' huh? That's a lot of frags![/quote']

That's what happens when you have 2 people equally passionate (crazy(nutty)) about the hobby

There is no voice of reason that says..."Okay that's enough you have a problem you need to stop!"(laugh)

LOL! What Mick said! We have 2 150 gallon tanks and the huma huma is in the tank with just softies and a few brain corals!! We are crazy! (nutty)I think we would have 2 reef tanks except we really like the triggers so we just keep moving the softies into the aggressive tank to make more room for chalices, montis etc!(laugh)

you added over 100 gallons of new water? you bet its going to cycle. you probably better get some of that cycle safe or you're probably going to lose some fish.

The tank was set up in December (upgraded from a 55 gallon) and it already went through a mini cycle. The hard corals were added after it went through the cycling phase and are doing fine and the fish are doing great!