New Board Member

markdadof2

The board met today and as we were down one board member we elected Frank to join the Board of Directors for PNWMAS (he has accepted). Congratulations Frank, we look forward to working with you.

Also, if anyone is interested in an officer position (Secretary especailly) please let myself or John know.

The board met today and as we were down one board member we elected Frank to join the Board of Directors for PNWMAS (he has accepted). Congratulations Frank, we look forward to working with you.

Also, if anyone is interested in an officer position (Secretary especailly) please let myself or John know.

Thank you Kris, for your dedication and hard work as PNWMAS Secretary, and former positions as President and Vice President. Our best wishes and prayers go to you and your family in this difficult time.

Anyone considering the position of Secretary should contact either myself or other member of the PNWMAS Board of Directors.

An important part of being club Secretary is keeping track of new member registrations and member renewals, along with sending out membership cards and renewal stickers. Most of the fees paid are done through Paypal.

Contacting our Treasurer and Web Admin so the PNWMAS accounts can be activated in the forum. As the interim Vendor Relations Officer I am keeping records of our sponsors too, along with any donations. I will send the information I have to the Secretary. New Sponsor info also is forwarded to the web Admin for posting on the PNWMAS Website. I do the majority of this part. Having good communication through e-mail, PM, and phone calls when necessary is the key to everything running relatively smooth in the club. A lot of club business is discussed and accomplished between us in the Officer/BOD section of the forum. Only those on the PNWMAS Board Of Directors have access to this area. Being a Board Member can sometimes be a bit stressful, so I'm just letting you know ahead of time! The majority of the time it is a fun job. You will need to be present at Board Meetings(usually held online in our chatroom, but occasionally in person) and General Meetings to take minutes. Also any new membership sign-ups at the general Meeting and Events.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

According to the Constitution of the Pacific Northwest Marine Aquarium Society

Article VII: Board of Directors

Section 5

"If an Officer or Board Member chooses to resign from their position, the President shall appoint an interim replacement until the next scheduled elections."

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

From the

By-laws of the “Pacific Northwest Marine Aquarium Society” or “PNWMAS” :

Article 2 – Duties of Officers

Section 3

"It shall be the responsibility of the Secretary to inscribe the proceedings of all meetings and to be prepared to read the specified records when requested. The office requires the maintenance of Club records, except those designated to other officers. When the President and Vice President are absent in any meeting, the Secretary shall preside. The Secretary shall also be responsible for maintaining copies of all correspondence as directed by the Officers and Board of Directors. The Secretary is also responsible for posting the Meeting Minutes of regular monthly meetings and board meetings on the website for all members to read. The Secretary shall keep all records for no less than 5 years."

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Links to the PNWMAS By-Laws and PNWMAS Constitution in their entirety are located on the PNWMAS Homepage. http://www.pnwmas.org/