southdown sand

tom_c55

Rick,

Do you have a tally going yet? I am game for at least 10-12 bags depeding on cost. If it is over $15 a bag then I will pass. Let me know what you come up with. I think we could probably get enough orders going to get to the 3000lb or 4000lb mark.

No official tally yet although I think your right on the amount we can probably get. I just sent another message off checking on the shipping. I have one other place I was checking as well that I'll call. I'm shooting for a maximum of $12 per bag.

hey, I checked with a friend I have that was a cross country dispatcher for many years. He said he could possibly get a great deal on shipping for us. He needs the approx. wieght, zip code it would be coming from and how many pallets. I told him I thought it would be 1 maybe 2. The only catch is the shipper must have the ability to forklift it to the truck as it will be on a flatbed. Send me a PM with that info if you would and I'll have him check a few of his old friends to see if he can get us a good deal.

hey' date=' I checked with a friend I have that was a cross country dispatcher for many years. He said he could possibly get a great deal on shipping for us. He needs the approx. wieght, zip code it would be coming from and how many pallets. I told him I thought it would be 1 maybe 2. The only catch is the shipper must have the ability to forklift it to the truck as it will be on a flatbed. Send me a PM with that info if you would and I'll have him check a few of his old friends to see if he can get us a good deal.[/quote']

PM sent....

Here is a site of interest as well. It is still expensive but considerably less than some and prices include shipping.

http://safesand.stores.yahoo.net/arsaforaqand.html

I ran across that one a week or two ago. Comes out to about $18 a bag. Pretty close to what I was quoted by the other sellers.

Currently one of the shipping deals panned out ($2300 which is way too much) however the second one is promising. He is checking tomorrow for a more accurate price but mentioned an earlier cost of less than $1000 from the East Coast for a 4200 lb. shipment. I.E. Less than $10 a bag which is where we need to be. Also want to see what Snowpunk comes up with.

I'll send him the info in the morning so he can make some calls. Another thing, where are we going to have it shipped to? Someone's work? Not practical for a semi to do a residential delivery on things of this weight. My quote would be for a 53' flatbed is why I ask. We are going to need a place with a forklift at least to get them off the truck. My work would be perfect except the main boss would never let it happen as we are a shipping company and I'm not using them. :(

I'll send him the info in the morning so he can make some calls. Another thing' date=' where are we going to have it shipped to? Someone's work? Not practical for a semi to do a residential delivery on things of this weight. My quote would be for a 53' flatbed is why I ask. We are going to need a place with a forklift at least to get them off the truck. My work would be perfect except the main boss would never let it happen as we are a shipping company and I'm not using them. :([/quote']

I have a place I know in PDX where it can probably be delivered that has a forklift.

Good news. I still need to confirm with the seller that supplying the quantity will not be an issue, find out how many bags they can put on each pallet (may change the shipping cost to lower it), and that they will allow me to send a truck to pickup. As long as there isn't any issue there then it looks like this will be the approx. pricing for each bag:

(group buy total weight)

For 2000# : $15

For 3000# : $13.50

For 4000# : $12

Tomorrow I will contact the seller to be sure there will not be any issue there. (If so I have a couple of them I can check) If they can put more than my estimate on each pallet then the estimated cost above could turn out to be less. (Potentially we may be able to get down to $10 a bag for 4000 lbs. worth)

Good news. I still need to confirm with the seller that supplying the quantity will not be an issue, find out how many bags they can put on each pallet (may change the shipping cost to lower it), and that they will allow me to send a truck to pickup. As long as there isn't any issue there then it looks like this will be the approx. pricing for each bag:

(group buy total weight)

For 2000# : $15

For 3000# : $13.50

For 4000# : $12

Tomorrow I will contact the seller to be sure there will not be any issue there. (If so I have a couple of them I can check) If they can put more than my estimate on each pallet then the estimated cost above could turn out to be less. (Potentially we may be able to get down to $10 a bag for 4000 lbs. worth)

that's excellent news, so your going to start the group buy?

No official tally yet although I think your right on the amount we can probably get. I just sent another message off checking on the shipping. I have one other place I was checking as well that I'll call. I'm shooting for a maximum of $12 per bag.

Sorry to jump into this discussion late in the game, what kind of sand are you getting? How many pounds are in a bag? I will need sand when I get my bigger tank and can store it till then if I can get a great deal.

Thanks,

Beth

Any updates on the group buy?

I left a message but they haven't gotten back to me yet and I've been tied up getting the competition pieces distributed the last couple of days. Basically I just need to see how many bags they can put on each pallet which will determine the price.

Any updates Rick?

Today when I talked to them they said I have to use their shipping however I'm trying to go a little higher up and either get them to match the shipping cost or allow me to send my own truck to pick it up. If it was just a few bags I don't think they would do anything but I'm hoping with the quantity involved they will decide to do one or the other in order to get the sale.