my new 290gal is .....

izzypop

complete. well not quite but my daughter and I love looking at nemo and dori and some hand drawn sharpie corals and fish. Here are some pics of the stand, sump and tank. I just hope I can complete it before the new little one is due in January. The stand still needs to be painted.

IMG_0168Large.jpg

IMG_0160Large.jpg

IMG_0163Large.jpg

IMG_0157Large.jpg

IMG_0155Large.jpg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I told them to build it strong enough to put a jeep on I didn't think they were going to take me literally. Actually the material was expensive but labor was less because it was less welds. Once I saw yours I knew I didn't want any braces in the way. It is almost 4ft tall so that was a concern. One thing I did forget was built in cup holders.

• 3 weeks later...

Smart man! Hey, I got to go back and look at some photos, I would swear I have some of you and your daughter at our neighborhood Xmas toydrive/party. Love the pictures above. I can just hear her now, "come on Nemo, come on Dori and Prancer and Vixen". I'll bet she can't wait to see this setup, nor can I. You know, I'm the only glowing blue house in our blocks now....still waiting for the badges to show up, but heard the helecoptors above me today :)...even in this weather!

Alright, time to break out the sledge hammer! (gavel) I have a chainsaw and a sawsall if you need to borrow one. Did you get my message about wood for a "greenhouse" over your tank? I have some stong and long pieces of 1x3 or 1x4 if you want it. (along with some 4x6 pressure treated you can use as corner posts. It's yours for a frag or 2 (whatever you think is fair). I need to get it out of my garage so I can get it ready for our Christmas/Santa KGW toy drive. You won't get any sagging like you would with PVC. I also have a bunch of molding that may work for your new tank window as well. Call me if you want to stop by and take a look. (503)558-8738

Rumor has it the hole in the wall is being cut friday......(rock2) Let the equipment purchases begin. (clap)

Ron I pretty much have everything I need. Thanks for the offer. Your tank looks great by the way in those pics you posted. You'll have it filled with corals in no time.

Here are some updates.....

sizing up the hole

IMG_0208Medium.jpg

whoops got a little angry

IMG_0206Medium.jpg

doing the measure

IMG_0205Medium.jpg

demolition

IMG_0212Medium.jpg

got to move some wires

IMG_0213Medium.jpg

this sucks

IMG_0214Medium.jpg

stage 1 completed

IMG_0219Medium.jpg

creating the frame for the tank

IMG_0221Medium.jpg

lining it up

IMG_0223Medium.jpg

one day....

IMG_0224Medium.jpg

my little helper oh yea and the brains behind the project. you figure out which one I'm talking about

IMG_0225Medium.jpg

top frame in place

DSC02421Medium.jpg

frame done

DSC02423Medium.jpg

hole in the wall

DSC02426Medium.jpg

having too much fun

IMG_0240Medium.jpg

mud master in action

IMG_0242Medium.jpg

deck sealed with bar style epoxy

IMG_0248Medium.jpg

no going back

IMG_0250Medium.jpg

fish eye view

IMG_0252Medium.jpg

backin her in

IMG_0254Medium.jpg

tank is in place

IMG_0256Medium.jpg

unveiling

IMG_0259Medium.jpg

moulding in place

IMG_0265Medium.jpg

we had too

IMG_0267Medium.jpg

Still some finish work to do like staining the moulding. painting, ... oh yea lots of clean up. It really looks better than I ever expected. Can't wait to finish up and get water going.