seio 2600 threat for fish!!!!!!

CCCP

I was using seio 2600 powerhear in my 75gl aquarium, the powerhead was doing great job with water flow, but i noticed that the water sucking in that pump is too powerfull for some fish, today i came home and noticed that one of my yellow tangs was sucked to my seio 2600 powerhead pump. thx God when i disconnected the powerhead the yellow tang was still alive. But it had some scales missing and the meat was visible. Anyway what im trying to say is, make sure you have large fish in your tank if you using one of this powerheads, or turn it down to minimum, " that's what i did" i posted pictures below of the tang for u to see the yellow tang size is about 3-3 1/2 inches. so it's a pretty decent size.

post-204-141867765245_thumb.jpg

post-204-141867765248_thumb.jpg

I lost a nice big sabae anemone to a Seio 2600 powerhead. I took a piece of that foam prefilter stuff and cut a hole in the center of it and slid it over the intake. I removed it after the new anemone had settled in. If you do cover the intake with some type of foam filter, make sure you clean it the same as you would clean your filter socks.

i had that fish for 2 years now, when i bought it looked like that and it still looks' the same all my fish that i got in my aquarium are " FAT" except this one" have no idea why i have automatic feeder that feeds them 3 times a day, do no.

I have to agree with others, I've never had a healthy fish get sucked into a powerhead or intake only a sick one. I've got 2 Tunze streams in my tank and they put out over 3200gph and draw a lot of water in, I seen the fish swin right next to it with no problems...

Wow thats crazy. I have a 1" clown and a Seio 820 in my 29gal. Never had a problem. I would also wonder about the fishes health.

At any rate, you could put some gutter guard around the intake. That would help lessen the area a fish could get stuck but not reduce the flow.