I got a new toy :)

R-3

Take a look at this beast...................................

IMG_1123.JPG

IMG_1125.JPG

IMG_1133.JPG

Yep its a Orca Reeflo 250! What a monster this thing is. I wont upset you guys by letting you know how much I stole it for but lets just say it was a insane deal. This will be going on my 450G prop setup in my shop. Makes my MSX300 look like a girly man! All I need know is a chiller :)

You will not be disappointed with that skimmer. I wish I could say I got an insane deal on the one I have but I'm still very pleased with it's performance. Where did you get it from?

I got if off RC. Gotta love that place for deals!

Nice score!

They are sweet skimmers mine ran my 330 heavy bio load no worries.

Now i am setting it up on my 200 gallon.

let me know if you got any questions with the beast.

I will let ya know Randy. I probably will have some questions.

I have found a good number of deals on RC too. I was looking for one of these on there before I bought mine new but the ones I found weren't discounted enough to take the risk buying used. That was about a year ago and the economy wasn't very bad at that time.

I have found a good number of deals on RC too. I was looking for one of these on there before I bought mine new but the ones I found weren't discounted enough to take the risk buying used. That was about a year ago and the economy wasn't very bad at that time.[/]

Yeah the economy does make for some better deals. I also know where someone can get a really good deal on a new one. PM me only if you are very serious :)

Were not worthey!!! I think my whole tank and sump will fit in that!! Do ya think one of those would be overkill on a 30 gall breeder?
If that is the same one Calvin has then you probably are not exagerating much. It looked like it may hold close to 15 or 20 gallons in it. Regardless it is a monster.

what did you pay for it Ryan?

I got it off RC for $550 shipped. You gotta love it when the RC for sale section buries a thread after half a day :)

I kinda feel bad for getting it so cheap because I swore the guy spent about $75 at least shipping it to me :)

Yeah I saw that bulk reef supply had a couple of them since Coralvue is not longer supplying the bodies and these beauties have been discontinued. I wonder how many BRS has?? It says they only have 1 250 and 2 200's. Im half tempted to buy another :)

Another good deal is that you can get the 200 pro kit from Reefspecialty for $700. They even sell the body on the 200 for $300!!!

It seems like the new MRC built ones will be pretty nice too.

DANG!

$550 is a great deal for that skimmer. I feel like I was hosed buying it new for a lot more. Live and learn! (laugh) That skimmer has to be at least $75 if not over $100 to ship. I assume yours came in two separate boxes like mine, one for the pump and another for the skimmer?

$550 is a great deal for that skimmer. I feel like I was hosed buying it new for a lot more. Live and learn! (laugh) That skimmer has to be at least $75 if not over $100 to ship. I assume yours came in two separate boxes like mine' date=' one for the pump and another for the skimmer?[/quote']

You didnt get hosed, its still a incredible skimmer price wise compared to a Deltec, BK or HS.

He actually shipped it in 3 boxes :)