FS- frogspawn and hammer corals

dsoz

If you have seen my tank, you would know that it is dominated by Euphyllia. I have become allergic to the sting of frogspawn and hammer corals, so every time I bump into one of them it leaves a bunch of itchy bumps like mosquito bites. I have about 35 bumps in a 2" x 2" area on my arm from my last encounter.

So most of them need to go... $10/head. I am keeping 3 small pieces of my favorite colors, and 1 larger piece for my clowns to host.

Here are some pics

IMG_6292.jpg

IMG_6293.jpg

IMG_6295.jpg

fs2.jpg

If I don't get them sold soon, they are going to a LFS for credit (If you are a LFS, and are interested in the whole collection, send me a PM.)

dsoz

• Like 1

Do you ever make it to Eugene?

Hardly ever. Only about 5-6 times in my life have I gone to Eugene. But if your friend that I met last time keeps going down, I can bag some up and send them through her.

BTW, how are the blue zoas doing?

dsoz

Gloves make me clumsy, and I do more damage to my tank.

It is not my hands that get it so often, it is more my arms right above my wrist. I reach past the coral to get something on the bottom, and BAM! it hits me on the arm. I am afraid that one of these times it will get me and I will react to it like some react to bee stings.

I am keeping 4-5 of my most favorite small pieces and putting them in the back of the tank so I don't keep reaching past them.

I am working out details, but I think they are mostly gone. There are two people that want to buy the lot, so after I get some to the people that asked for them already I can work a deal with them for the rest.

dsoz

Was dissappointed at first. but they seem to be coming around and already have some new growth happening! Love the extras!! You rock!! I would love to get some from ya!! She said you were nice! I am glad that we can meet like that!! Yes, she is coming down every weekend!! Did somebody already buy them? Do you have any left? I hope so!!

The two people that wanted to buy the lot both backed out. So all FS and hammer are still up for grabs.

Some larger pieces that would be difficult to break up (one has 11 heads that are well formed, but still attached by flesh). I don't like to cut the flesh, so will need to be sold as single pieces.

Some with 2-3 heads that can be taken as a cluster.

Somewhere near 60-70 heads available in at least 6 different color variations. If you like Euphyllia, you will love this collection.

Clay- if you want, I can meet up again with Bambi and send some with her. Just tell me what you want, and how many heads.

Michael- sent PM. Come by anytime after work and you can pick and choose. :) Anything special you looking for? Large pieces or small?

dsoz

I am looking for cash mostly, but will trade for high end zoas, chalice, or acans that I can keep if I like them, or sell if I don't.

Eric- I do have a 6-head piece of the one you like (picture #2) that I will not split up. Or you can wait a month or two to wait for the head that I promised you to grow out enough for me to cut it. It should grow quickly now that I have my phosphates down to zero, and my cal and alk up to where they should be.Everything seems to be growing great.

dsoz

Summary- More than 50 heads left for sale. Had two people want to buy the lot and both fell through. Here are some more pics.

#1 Dark green/dark purple. 11 heads all close together and still connected by flesh. Reluctant to frag, but would look GREAT in a large tank. First is closeup to show color. Second is actual piece. Tentacles are a little retracted due to just being moved.

IMG_6337.jpg

IMG_6334.jpg

#2 light green hammer. I have two of them with at least 10 heads each. Heads can be fragged off in clusters of 2-4 minimum. I would like these to stay whole, but willing to frag up one of them.

IMG_6336.jpg

#3 (upper left corner of picture #2). Dark purple with bright green tip octopus. 4-5 heads that can not be separated. I love this one because it was my first frogspawn that I bought.

#4 Bicolor tips. Two different colored tips on the same head. Some are pink and some are green. I thought that this was cool.

IMG_6338.jpg

I want to get these out of my tank. I am starting to want to itch my arm off every time I look at them.

BUMP!

dsoz

Not to be disrespectful to those that like chalice corals, but I would like some that have good color to them, and not look like poop smeared on a rock. When a coral reminds me of what I used to see in my kid's diaper I don't want it in my tank.

If you get any with good color, let me know.

dsoz

*sigh* if it weren't for the sweeper tentacles I'd be all over some frogspawn......but alas! tiny little nano cube. :-(

I have only seen the sweeper tentacles on the hammer corals. It seems that the frogspawn only have sweeper tentacles that are slightly longer than the normal ones.

But then again, I keep my froggies fed, fat, and happy. I also have almost half the tank devoted to them so they don't interact with other corals.

I think that frogspawn should be fine in a nano, as long as you give a little room between it and SPS or something like galaxea. I have had a rock of zoanthids almost touching some FS for about a week before I noticed it, and there was no reaction from the froggie.

If you really want some in your nano, I say go for it!!!

I have noticed that I put a small piece in my AP24 at school (PC lights), and it has went from 3 heads to 7 heads over the school year. There is also great growth from each head compared to my pieces at home. The clown is loving his ever-expanding home. :)

Vanz- I think I got #4 from you... If not from you, I must have got it from Waves. But it is still available if you want it. :)

Calvin- Thanks for the kind words. I am glad that you are happy with your new additions.

dsoz