Looking to borrow a fish trap

Bevo5

Anybody got a fish trap I can borrow?

I want to get some of these 'keep with caution" fish out of my reef. I'm tired of buying new snails every month!

I'm in Portland and can pick it up this weekend if you're OK with me borrowing it for a week or so?

• Like 1

How big is your tank? Most fish traps are rather large and bulky. I've got one I made from 1 liter water bottle that works quite well. Small, but effective. Maybe YouTube those is nobody has one to borrow. I've also caught several fish with size 20 or so barbless fly fishing hooks with a small hunk of shrimp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all - thanks for the help. The fish I'm going for are big so I'm not sure the bottle will work as well as it would with the small opening. I am going to give it a shot though.

jorge - i'll hit you up if I need to run it home for a couple days. Thanks for the offer.

• Like 2

Here is a link to a thread I made not too long ago about a naughty tang I had\have. In the thread I post up a pretty easily made but effective DIY fish trap.

http://www.pnwmas.org/topic/37872-clam-eating-yellow-tang/

I included a few more pics towards the bottom to show some of the other DIY details. Hope it helps some one out there a little.