New inkbird temp controller

pdxmonkeyboy

I don't know how new this actually is but I have never seen it before and I thought.. wow, this would be great for QT tanks and what not.  The new inkbird comes with wifi that will send temperature alerts to your phone and also let you change settings remotely.  

For $50, that is a big win in my book. 

• Like 4

I used their controllers on two tanks.  The first one never had an issue.  The second about 3 months in the probe crapped out.  I emailed them and they sent me the new sealed version of the probe to swap it out with.  Not sure if they have two different versions salty and not so salty, but the new probe worked great until I switched to Apex.

I used their controllers on two tanks.  The first one never had an issue.  The second about 3 months in the probe crapped out.  I emailed them and they sent me the new sealed version of the probe to swap it out with.  Not sure if they have two different versions salty and not so salty, but the new probe worked great until I switched to Apex.
Something you should be aware of... Apex does not recommend that you use their plug for temperature control. I know, it's kind of ridiculous but it came straight from Terrance and I have heard him say it a couple times.

They suggest setting a high temp cutoff and using a third party controller. Supposedly it wears out the relays. Dunno, just thought I would pass it along.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

Something you should be aware of... Apex does not recommend that you use their plug for temperature control. I know, it's kind of ridiculous but it came straight from Terrance and I have heard him say it a couple times.

Interesting that the manual doesn't say anything like that.  Then there is just one more controller that I have to mount.....😐

On 3/27/2020 at 11:06 AM, xxkenny90xx said:

Also some people complain about the metal probes on these, here mine after being in the sump for years. No rust at all (the brownish stuff is algae) 

20200327_110354_HDR.jpg

That's great to see, thanks!

I heard that concern too, but you can just pull off the metal part with a pair of pliers.  It was sealed underneath on mine.

Inkbirds are awesome controllers, this ups the game for sure!  Any tank I don't have an APEX on definitely runs the inkbirds.