WTB: Mixing station containers

Bevo5

I’ve had it with my Rubbermaid and the seals leaking If I look at them funny. Anybody have two large (55+) storage tanks with built in spouts? 

I was going to just go buy two food safe barrels and drill in bulkheads but I’d prefer to find a couple already sealed up and working. 

thanks. 

2 hours ago, Bevo5 said:

I’ve had it with my Rubbermaid and the seals leaking If I look at them funny. Anybody have two large (55+) storage tanks with built in spouts? 

I was going to just go buy two food safe barrels and drill in bulkheads but I’d prefer to find a couple already sealed up and working. 

thanks. 

John I have the best you can buy. Two. 200 gallon. Barrels with reverse thread bukheads  say goodbye to leaks for good

7 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

If you don’t find anyone here with tanks for sale, check out Green Concepts in Gresham.  They have a huge selection.  See their ads on Craigslist:  https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/bfd/d/portland-tank-super-store-full-line-of/7049805634.html

That is the same store I purchased mine. Great selection in many sizes.

On 1/10/2020 at 9:35 AM, Bevo5 said:

Hey yup! That was the place I was thinking about going to! 

Probably easiest to just go out there tomorrow and pick 'em up.

Thanks.

Did you find some new containers?  I saw you posted an ad to sell your old ones.

If you need any ideas for your mixing station, I posted a detailed parts list for mine:  https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/suncrestreefs-red-sea-reefer-xl-425-build.358990/post-6173194

Hey - yup! Went out to Gresham and left with two of the big blue barrels, drilled and bulkheads installed. He put the holes toward the bottom where there's a bit of an indention, but swore up and down they would hold water. I haven't filled them up yet but I got it all hooked up. 

Your build is pretty sick....looks great. Mine is basically the same layout, except I added spouts coming off each bucket so I can grab a quick 5g of fresh/salt if I need it. But it isn't exactly "pretty." Maybe one of these days I'll redo it.

2 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

Did you find some new containers?  I saw you posted an ad to sell your old ones.

2 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

If you need any ideas for your mixing station, I posted a detailed parts list for mine:  https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/suncrestreefs-red-sea-reefer-xl-425-build.358990/post-6173194