120 gallon

Debbi

Seems to me things always sell easier piece by piece, and probably more $$$ too. When I broke down my 90 years ago, the guy who took it ended up with massive deaths of livestock and still seems to have profited considering the postings I saw him make here and the price I agreed to sell it for.

I expect it would sell faster and get you more money if you sell it piece by piece, but that does thanks take more work on your part, and I guess it may be longer before the last thing sells.

Just my $0.02

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Burningbaal said:

Seems to me things always sell easier piece by piece, and probably more $$$ too. When I broke down my 90 years ago, the guy who took it ended up with massive deaths of livestock and still seems to have profited considering the postings I saw him make here and the price I agreed to sell it for.

I expect it would sell faster and get you more money if you sell it piece by piece, but that does thanks take more work on your part, and I guess it may be longer before the last thing sells.

Just my $0.02

Thank you. That's what I was thinking. I just really dont know where to start. That was very helpful.

I just really dont know where to start. That was very helpful.

Corals.
First, find buyers for the most sensitive things, especially that are was"easy" to remove. Clipping an acro off a rock is almost certainly easier than catching a wrasse or tang.
Once all the sensitive corals are gone, you can do melev's trick to pull all the rocks for easy fish catching (put the rock back in right away). So fish go second, after sensitive corals.
Then you sell the rest of the livestock, maybe throwing in some cuc with fish sales, rock/sand is last unless you sell a specific rock with a coral or something.

Then sell the equipment/accessories don't even post the equipment for sale until the tank is dry

On 9/18/2019 at 7:49 PM, Burningbaal said:

Corals.
First, find buyers for the most sensitive things, especially that are was"easy" to remove. Clipping an acro off a rock is almost certainly easier than catching a wrasse or tang.
Once all the sensitive corals are gone, you can do melev's trick to pull all the rocks for easy fish catching (put the rock back in right away). So fish go second, after sensitive corals.
Then you sell the rest of the livestock, maybe throwing in some cuc with fish sales, rock/sand is last unless you sell a specific rock with a coral or something.

Then sell the equipment/accessories don't even post the equipment for sale until the tank is dry

Ok, you are being super helpful. And she doesnt actually know I'm selling it. Lol. That's the grandbaby.

So how would you suggest finding buyers, and how do I price things. I dont have a lot of fish. So that's not really an issue. 

I'm only getting rid of is so I can put in doors where the tank is out to the deck. 

Ok, you are being super helpful. And she doesnt actually know I'm selling it. Lol. That's the grandbaby.
So how would you suggest finding buyers, and how do I price things. I dont have a lot of fish. So that's not really an issue. 
I'm only getting rid of is so I can put in doors where the tank is out to the deck. 

You can start by putting the first set of things in a classifieds posting (different section of the forum). Take a close photo of each piece, or at least a picture of a few and label them by refusing the photo in paint).
As for pricing, a decent guess might be too find a similar piece online or in a store and expect to get half of that price. That can be pretty hard to find if you've got bigger showpiece corals, butt is pretty useful for smaller pieces.
If you can imagine how many pieces it might get fragged in to, you could probably take the price per frag at a store and expect less than half (somebody had to do a ton of work to frag it).
Fish are probably easier to find online comparison.

Ok, so here is where I get confused. I have a torch coral. Online I see one head frag for $59 and 2 head frag for $90. My coral has 30 plus heads and the piece that broke off has 17 plus. 
15690778227506409371843609347216.thumb.jpg.224e75ed8daaba73f76b6c1620c9e3e2.jpg
Wow! Evidently you've been very nice to that euphyilia!
I'd be shocked if you didn't get $15 per head. You might get 25, but I'd be surprised. One thing to consider, depending on your situation is helping tanks for teachers (@albertareef ). They might be able to frag the colony as a fundraiser or offer it to one of the bigger TFT tanks.

A bigger piece like that can bring a lot of money, especially because euphyillia are a hot commodity right now, but it will be a bit slower to sell them frags, for obvious reasons