FS: Freshwater - Malawi Hap/Peacocks

Bevo5

I know I know - freshwater. Ugh! :)

Just curious if anybody here is also into Malawi cichlids? I've got a tank of 40 large/colored Peacocks/Haps and I'm itching to change the tank into a FOWLR salt tank. But first, I gotta move these cichlids.

Everything has been in there for about two years. All males (except one female that snuck in and has been spitting out weird hybrid babies for a while that all get eaten).

Anyway. 

If interested - hit me up and I'll shoot over a comprehensive list of what all I've got in there. These are some just some quick shots I took of the tank this morning. 

All of the fish were shipped in from Southeast Cichlids in Georgia, and about half are wild. So for prices will be $30-$50 depending on what you're picking. The wild caught haps will be more than the smaller peacocks, for example.

IMG_1536.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg

IMG_1538.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1540.jpg

IMG_1541.jpg

Edited by Bevo5

1 hour ago, albertareef said:

Hi Bevo - I know at least one cichlid person on here @pdxmonkeyboy who might have some interest.  I think a few people have also gone the route of taking them to The Wet Spot to rehome them but don't know what they will do for compensation.  Good luck!

The Wet Spot doesn't pay for any. I took mine to World of Wet Pets in Beaverton Area. They give store credit and have a decent selection of saltwater products.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Good to know but somewhat odd - I wonder why?

I have no idea. Every time I have tried, which is like 5 times, they always said to me donations only. Also, Cayes aquarium off of 136th and Division will give store credit depending on there stock at the moment as well.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Brazzy said:

I have no idea. Every time I have tried, which is like 5 times, they always said to me donations only. Also, Cayes aquarium off of 136th and Division will give store credit depending on there stock at the moment as well.

They're located downtown so they have a downtown personality... The wet spot that is

Edited by Matteo
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Matteo said:

They're located downtown so they have a downtown personality... The wet spot that is

Umm... Hollywood district isn't downtown - just saying 😄  Steve used to have his breeding tanks in the windowless basement of beauty school in the same area so never felt like a particularly high profile attitude to me but it is a bummer that they won't do trade in value.  Seems to me people I knew used to get credit for freshwater plants that they brought in but obviously things change (or maybe they never did fish).

Hey all - thanks for the feedback and ideas. I'm going to write the Wet Spot with a list to see what they might want to do. I need to do that anyway, as I have a group of breeding wild Kitumba Frontosa (another lame freshwater fish!) in another tank that's going to hopefully overrun me with fry soon.

ANYWAY.

I'll update this post with a full list over the weekend just in case!

Thanks again.

• Like 1