DJ power strip

Derbird

I currently have a Pyle brand DJ power strip.  I just finished my water change and was turning the equipment back on.

When I touched the power button for my return pump I felt that good old unmistakable tingle of electricity.  Needless to say the power strip has to go.

I was wondering what DJ style power strips people are using.  None of them were ment to be used as we use them. So which ones do best with saltwater tanks?

Thank you for your help 

I don't use them any more, but I ran American DJ brand strips for years with no issues. 

This was a decade ago, so I guess I can't attest to current build quality... actually this may be the most useless product suggestion ever...

Edited by Krux
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Krux said:

I don't use them any more, but I ran American DJ brand strips for years with no issues. 

This was a decade ago, so I guess I can't attest to current build quality... actually this may be the most useless product suggestion ever...

Lol. I appreciate it anyways 

This might be worth reading:
https://fishlab.com/power-strip/
Not sure how authoritative they are on the topic, but at least it's geared towards aquariums.
The DJ type strips are great, my husband and my son are both guitar players so I've been thinking of a way to incorporate one into my cabinet but it will be a task with all that stuff in there and I just haven't found the time (or energy) to do it.

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

I currently have a Pyle brand DJ power strip.  I just finished my water change and was turning the equipment back on.

When I touched the power button for my return pump I felt that good old unmistakable tingle of electricity.  Needless to say the power strip has to go.

I was wondering what DJ style power strips people are using.  None of them were ment to be used as we use them. So which ones do best with saltwater tanks?

Thank you for your help 
These are the type my husband uses and he stole back from me when I swapped tanks [emoji52] I used it for maybe a year no issues, I'll probably have him order me another so I won't be tempted to take it back again. I'd toss yours just to be safe. Stray voltage is dangerous... I had a brand new heater do that years ago in a freshwater tank! I put my hand in the tank and gave me a tingle... Took it back to Petco and got my money back, made it clear it needs to be thrown away.... I'm hoping they did.cbca668b7a1f89a5230d67510ebfb16e.jpg

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Krux said:

Been using one for over two years with no problems.  Guessing from some of the posts above that this basic design is marketed under a few different brand names currently so not sure if there is any real difference in the quality of the product - may all be made in the same factory FWIW.  Have mine mounted inside the cabinet at the top so away from any "spray" but has held up fine.

• Like 1