Free: Red Sea Trace Colors Pro test kit (slight leakage)

SuncrestReef

I ordered a Red Sea Trace Colors Pro test kit from BRS.  When it arrived I found the Iodine reagent B had leaked inside the case.  Not a big leak, but enough to stain the instruction manual and left other items a little damp.  BRS sent me a replacement kit for free.

I’m sure this kit is still perfectly good so I didn’t want to throw it away.  I’m offering it free to whoever replies first.  You pick up in Beaverton, or I can meet you at Cuttlefish.

1E03D5E0-6565-450E-839B-6E8F0478A27B.jpeg

4 minutes ago, CrabbyCrabs said:

I'll take it but... I don't get to cuddle fish much. If you can drop it off I can get my girlfriend to pick it up after work one day. Or my mom lives near and she can get it.

No offense, but part of the fun in giving something away is to meet the person.  If I were selling it, that would be a different story.  If you can't meet me at CNC then you should arrange to pick it up from me in Beaverton rather than making me drive just to drop it off.  Otherwise, I'll wait for the next person to respond.

Hey John - I wouldn’t mind having it although that defeats the meeting someone new part of it. No worries if you want to leave it for another. 

Interestingly, I had two Red Sea Pro kits come from BRS with the same issue - both of which they replaced. Seems like one or more of the reagent lids didn’t stay sealed and leaked all over the kit. Eat the plastic on the lids for the rest vials.

2 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Hey John - I wouldn’t mind having it although that defeats the meeting someone new part of it. No worries if you want to leave it for another. 

Interestingly, I had two Red Sea Pro kits come from BRS with the same issue - both of which they replaced. Seems like one or more of the reagent lids didn’t stay sealed and leaked all over the kit. Eat the plastic on the lids for the rest vials.

No, I'm not requiring a new acquaintance, I just didn't want to play delivery boy.  Want me to bring along the camera porthole as well?

2 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

No, I'm not requiring a new acquaintance, I just didn't want to play delivery boy.  Want me to bring along the camera porthole as well?

That would work!  I can PM you to setup a time. Just got back into town. 

• Like 1

All I can say is don't offer delivery to a local store without your added stipulations. My girlfriend is also a reefer that would be using the kit, just not as active on the site. Just ask TaylorW,  she met her. Sometimes the people in Oregon are just not worth dealing with.

26 minutes ago, CrabbyCrabs said:

All I can say is don't offer delivery to a local store without your added stipulations. My girlfriend is also a reefer that would be using the kit, just not as active on the site. Just ask TaylorW,  she met her. Sometimes the people in Oregon are just not worth dealing with.

Sorry dude.  Your original message didn't make that clear about your girlfriend being the new owner of the kit.  You made it sound like you wanted me go drop it off blindly, and to tell Jeff to hold it for someone I don't even know who will be picking it up.  I don't want to put him in that situation.

I agree, some people in this hobby (not just in Oregon) are a pain to deal with.  I'm not saying you are.  I have found the majority of people in this club are friendly, social, and enjoy the camaraderie of helping each other out.  I offered to "meet" at CNC because I've had a lot of great reefing conversations with people there.  I did not "offer delivery".  There's a big difference.

Happy reefing.

Edited by SuncrestReef
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, CrabbyCrabs said:

Think about the scenario of online community sales. If you were getting something off of craigslist or Facebook market place, would you expect the person to drop the stuff off inside Fred Meyer at the customer service desk? Or would you use the public space as somewhere neutral to make an exchange? @SuncrestReef is a very personable, and giving person. This is not the first thing that I've seen come up for free from him. Many others would post this at a reduced price, but he would rather give back to the community and make a positive interaction out of the deal as well. Not to mention I'm sure like me, everyone is constantly looking for an excuse to go into CNC. In the little time since I have joined this club, I have found the members to be positive, welcoming, and tight knit more like a reefing family. I would take a step back assess the scenario before you continue creating the reputation of being crabby. 

Thanks

house hold of payneful love