Random Flow Generators. Am I the only one that didn't know about these?

youcallmenny

I just discovered this and got it installed on my tank this week.  This may be old, tired news to many but I have never seen them.  Anyways, the results have been super awesome and I love the chaos it gives the overall flow of the peninsula.  Perhaps this could benefit some people that want a non-mechanical and easier answer than the traditional seaswirl style.  I'd like to hear other peoples experiences with this if anyone has them!  Best part is they're only ~$20 and snap on to loc-line.  

• Like 1

Yes. Educators and or Penductors have been around for a long time. The reason you don't see them very often is the need for a high pressure rated pumps to get the most bang for your buck out of them. They were big in the hobby back in the days of external pumps like the Iwaki MD series pumps.

They work on low pressure rated pumps but they work extremely well on higher pressure...

Edited by chewie
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, chewie said:

Yes. Educators and or Penductors have been around for a long time. The reason you don't see them very often is the need for a high pressure rated pumps to get the most bang for your buck out of them. They were big in the hobby back in the days of external pumps like the Iwaki MD series pumps.

They work on low pressure rated pumps but they work extremely well on higher pressure...

Ah, very interesting!  I suspected that was the case about it being an old product.   My pump is slightly bigger than needed so I turned it up to 100% and I'm really liking the effect.  It's like 2600gph so that definitely lines up with what you explained.